Help With Navigating Dealer Markups

, ,

I’m in the process of leasing a new car. I’m looking at 2024 Jeep Wrangler High Altitudes in northeast, Ohio. Every dealership I’ve looked at has over $10k in markups essentially making it so the $13000 in rebates really don’t make a dent in the price that I would have to pay over the lease term, not to mention the monthly payment.

The numbers I’m working with are roughly:

MV 0.00238
RV 57-60%
$13000 in rebates
36/12,000

I’m also not seeing dealerships give out more than 2% in discounts.

I’m very frustrated. Any suggestions this community might have would be greatly appreciated.

Hire a broker

Auto lease companions

Auto lease ninjas

Also send me the dealers that are getting 10k over msrp, I want to apply to work there! ITS A JOKE

1 Like

From Edmunds (I also went to the dealership on Saturday and the dealer acted like he wouldn’t come down $1500): https://www.edmunds.com/jeep/wrangler-4xe/2024/vin/1C4RJXU64RW191685/?radius=50

$70,455 MSRP
$67,995 Dealer Price (includes $13000 rebates)
$10,540 Dealer markup

Well under my pay plan whoever is trying to sell you that car is trying for a 4000 commission

Do you mind sharing how you got $4000? I haven’t been able to calculate what the dealer is trying to squeeze out of the deal.

What do you think the car is worth to you? If someone gives you 5% in discount, is that worth it or are you looking for more? There are many cars where good discounts are rare, even if they barely sell.

Base price $67,795
Total price MSRP $70,455
Dealer price $67,995 (includes $13,000 in rebates)

As far as what it’s worth to me. I should be able to see $13,000 in manufacturer and federal rebates truly reflected in my net cap cost. I don’t believe the dealership should swallow 70% of my rebates. Otherwise, what’s the point of a $7500 federal rebate?

Hire a broker or check JL Forums for dealers with discounts. Don’t waste your time with that dealer.

2 Likes

Forget that dealer. You’ve made your offer and they aren’t willing to meet it. Expand your search or move on to another car.

2 Likes

Thanks. Will do. I don’t have experience with a broker. But I’ll look at the forums.

Check this.

1 Like

Thanks. Just reached out.

Jeep is the last regular brand that you should be paying a markup on. They have tons of inventory and you should get a nice discount and the incentives.

And they don’t have a single RELIABLE vehicle

3 Likes