Help with exiting lease early for different car

My dad signed a lease early this January on an EQB. He saw the recent EQS deals nearby and wants to see if he can get an EQS instead.

It’s only been 2-3 months and I was wondering what his options would be. I spoke to a few dealers but it seems as though they want us to come in person.

Thank you in advanced.

Light thousands of dollars on fire.

You’re not getting out of an EQB gently.

6 Likes

Some people fall in love and get married some people get married and fall in love later. Tell your dad to follow #2.

8 Likes

EVs have awful resale and trade value, always intend to keep it until term when signing

1 Like

You can quantify how much the negative equity will be. It’s your payoff (plus possibly 4%) less the highest bid to buy the car

1 Like

Just get the EQS; ride out the EQB. I’d just get the EQS and be ballin’… :joy:

MBFS doesn’t do transfers, and you’re too early in the lease with thousands of $ in the hole. Which is also why I haven’t gotten one yet…

2 Likes

The beauty here you can have more than one spouse…get the one you love and keep the old one for dirty jobs….Home depot, muddy kids…
That’s how I end up with 4 e-waste on driveway :crazy_face:

1 Like

Get a quote from Carvana and see how much you lose.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the humorous as well as the practical responses. Tough to say which one I should mark as a solution.

Cheers!

The EQS deals are going to look really ugly once that negative equity is factored into the equation. As others have said, get your payoff (sans tax) and then collect third party offers. The dealers are just going to build the negative equity into the new car and try to make you believe they are getting you out free and clear.

Send the VIN and miles and I’ll get you the MMR

1 Like