Help with BMW 530i Xdrive Loaner

Ok, so I found a 2018 loaner in PA with 4,500 miles on it. I emailed the guy to see how low I can take it. He came back telling me that to get it for $500 p/m at 12,000 miles per year and 36 mos that it would cost me a $10,000 down payment. I was under the impression from reading on here I can get it around $500/$520 p/m. Am I delusional for aiming for this price, or are they pulling something over? Monday is Memorial Day, and that is when I would buy, would that help? I’m willing to do a small down payment, at most $2,500 preferably. Thanks! It is located in NEPA.

Here’s the link for help:

Get some numbers and post them here. Selling price, fees, MF etc.

Standard BMW and state fees (title, tag, prep, etc), current selling price before negotiation $53,999. He wouldn’t send me MF for some reason. Just told me that to get $500 p/m to sign for $10,000 down.

I’m guessing that you said you wanted it to be $500 per month? Negotiating a great deal doesn’t typically work that way. You negotiate selling price not payment

I mentioned that I’ve seen models going for the $500 range

Which means you wanted it to be around $500 thus negotiating by payment. Read up on some of the negotiation topics (search the forum to find them) and then try again with another dealer. Memorial day doesn’t = good deals for sure. Marketing conned most consumers into thinking that. I haven’t seen a post with a 5 series around $500 per month so I’m not sure where you got that notion

I was using this thread for some help

And you should have used that as a guide, asked for base money factor and a similar percentage off Msrp, but I wouldn’t consider that an excellent deal anyway.

it’s usually too late by the time the sales guy tells you that you need $10k down.
Trying to negotiate down from that nonsense is an uphill battle.

Would it be worth working with another dealer, or even attempting working with the same guy?

i’d walk and find another dealer. Someone to tell you put $10k down can’t be taken seriously

1 Like

The MSRP on yours is over $10k higher. The same model with different MSRPs will lease very differently.

Doesn’t the nearly $13,000 reduction help?

Never hurts to ask, I think they need to knock off at least $3k to $4k more, I assume that sale price on their site includes $3k from BMW. I think the goal on a loaner is 15 to 20% off before incentives.

1 Like

So you even know the cap cost they are using? The website says that $53k price includes purchase rebates, which probably don’t apply to leases.

The dealer didn’t tell me much, he seemed very apprehensive with releasing info over email.

Ask to speak with the manager, tell them you’re interested in buying a car and don’t want to waste their time or yours. You want everything disclosed, if they don’t want to play ball so be it, move on.

1 Like

Go to the Allentown BMW dealer, they have some loaners for lease and the sales manager there is much more realistic with pricing, even before hard negotiations. With out really breaking it down to all the details (final sell price, MF, rebates and less cash) they came back with $1500 down and $549/ month, that was just over email. Keep in mind, I didn’t get down there to really negotiate all the details yet. Just seems like they are more willing to work numbers but you MUST know what you are trying to accomplish with the deal.

1 Like