Help with 2020 RAV4 Lease

Ah yes. The first generation immigrant parent guilt would win gold in the guilt olympics

2 Likes

Dead on accurate. They’ve cleaned up their act and realize everyone has been helpful.

Amen lol.

I told my mother about X3/NX and she said, hell yes. “Get us some deals”

Okay, you haven’t answered 1. yet, @IAC can do a X3 for l

That includes TX tax, MSDs, and 0 drive off. Still cheaper than the rogue :face_vomiting:.

Well, one of those is a good option

1 Like

Not both? Especially since it’s just a lease? I was in between the X3 and NX…Leaning more toward the NX now

Lol, Rogue was a loyalty thing for 2020 MY. She’s not a car person though, so it’s expected why she got it.

I’ll look into this more

Only thing is, who would be the lessor and where? Local BMW dealer? Another TX BMW dealer? NJ area dealer?

We are not looking into any downpayment, outside of first payment. It’s supposed to be $0 drive off I guess, but maybe I need to adjust the calculator.

I’m not crazy about NX, as it’s ironically on an older platform called “New MC”. RAV4 is on larger modular TNGA-K architecture, shared with Lexus ES, Avalon, and Camry.

Next generation 2022 NX will apparently be very impressive though.

I like the new BMW CLAR modular architecture, which starts with 3-Series and X3. The one issue with BMW versus Toyota, is the matter of maintenance.

The 2016 740i had free maintenance. 2019 750i, he had to wrangle it out of them, claiming “they failed to notify him” of the change for 2017+ BMWs maintenance plans.

CLAR doesn’t start with the 3, it starts with the 2015–present G11 7 Series[5]

With the exception of the Supra, you can identify CLAR platform cars with the massive ass grills. BMW has free maintenance included with leases, and Toyota is well a Toyota, cheap and reliable.

You should lean the other way

I am well aware of that ;), as I remember G11 development succinctly and initiation of the model program in 2010 and design freeze in mid-2012. I somewhat lived and breathed hearing about it back in 2012-15 some forums. The new G70 for 2023 I guess might reuse CLAR? Wonder if my dad will like it though?

I’m horrible with breaking down leasing, but know of lot about automotive history and background info lol. Just not the financials.

On the BMW totem pole, it starts with 3 as of now in terms of CLAR. My mother wants to replace her GLE 43C with a 2023 X7.

Thanks for that info, as I thought for 2017+ they discontinued free maintenance? My dad complained and forced them to include it free.

If it’s anything like previous mainstream lexuses, it’ll be the pinnacle of 2017 engineering when it comes out.

2 Likes

I’ve heard quite a bit about it, they’re putting a lot into that vehicle for some reason. My older sister saw it in a consumer clinic she was invited to.

Outside of infotainment complaceny and some dated powertrains, they’re pretty much current with redesigned products (forget about old SUVs).

I wouldn’t get a Lexus outside of an LC-F (future), but that’s because I lean high performance or offroad orientated.

Currently working with @IAC on a 2019 X3.

2 Likes

Yey! Those guys are awesome and WILL treat you right!

Also, no, they come with maintenance, transferring a lease doesn’t transfer unless you purchased premium machinate package or something.

The shocker is my dad saying he will do business with a competitive force and doesn’t care to pay that much for a Toyota lol.

Thread ran its course a long time ago.

Temporarily opened on request for an update

I wanted to add to this after what happened. We assisted OP, and I spent a lot of time searching for cars and taking his phone calls. OP went back and forth on a few options requirements, but we had deals for much less than these cars (on $48,000 - $49,000 builds).

Long story short: after LH went down and a text message was unanswered for about 30 minutes while I was working for my regular job, OP claimed he had a family emergency. OP actually discovered the dealership, went around us and called the dealership himself. Whatever did actually happen, we would appreciate customers NOT doing this in the future, because it creates a headache for everyone involved, including the dealership.