Help me pick my next lease

Hello Hackrs!

My lease on my jeep gladiator is coming to an end within the next 90 days. I need help picking a new vehicle. We are expected our first baby in the next week or two. So im looking for a fun dad SUV. Current lease on the gladiator is $553.

I went to carmax to look at some vehicles to get some sort of idea what i wanted. I sat in a X3 and found that with a car seat behind the passenger seat, my wife’s knees would be almost touching the dash. I did end up test driving a GLB and it seemed to have decent interior room for a car seat and comfortable passenger seating position, but the GLB was definitely a base trim model.

My previous vehicles were Jeep Cherokee, Ram 1500, Nissan Sentra. At this point in my life id like to get into something with more luxury/options instead of driving the base model of everything i owned. I did help my parents get a new Grand Cherokee L Altitude which got me looking into a GC Summit non L version.

I would like to keep my payment similar to the gladiator. Obviously i know i have to pay more to get into the luxury segment but i don’t want to double my current payment.

My wife currently has a new Durango GT lease so we don’t need another 3 row suv. We also use her Durango to tow our 3500lb travel trailer.

Any help is appreciative.

Then you’re probably looking at a GC 4xe base trim, not a Summit.

As always check the Marketplace

Some of the nicer vehicles in there are a Telluride SX for example

Where are you based? (Apols if I missed it in your post)

Located in Vegas

Congrats! Having been through all that and more, I’d only suggest installing the infant carrier & base in every car you test drive. IMO the carrier and base takes up way more space than car seat.

When it was our time, we went through every SUV possible (e.g. explorer, GC, Armada, X3/X5, MB…. You name it). You have to see how convenient it is to get in and out, lifting the infant carrier, installing/uninstalling… and the only thing that checked all the boxes for us was the Cayenne :joy: YMMV of course, but my point is that to just fit the carrier and base into every vehicle you’re going to try - that’s the only way to know.

As an example, I tried fitting a car seat into an etron GT/Taycan…. And that ended all consideration for those two cars after that :joy: just didn’t work for us.

Good luck!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.