Help me Lease a 24' Volvo S60 T8 Recharge Ultimate Black Edition

Hello,

Seeking to lease this bad boy in the Chicago land area 61k MSRP. I’ve found another of the same car that also has the Bowers stereo 64k MSRP. I drove the car linked above yesterday and really liked it. I had to leave the dealership as I didn’t have time to negotiate live. I set up a time to come back next Tuesday thinking they’ll bend from now until then as it’s end of the month. In my area, Volvo is offering 10,500 Lease Cash, 500 veteran, 500 loyalty. I only qualify for the Lease Cash.

Here’s my thinking:

MSRP is $61,125 for the car I drove w/ out Bowers
$61,125 * .90 (10% off MSRP) = 55,012 - $10,500 lease cash = $44,500.

Edmunds tells me the MF this month is .00197 and Residual is 51% on a 3 year / 12k per year lease. (not great eh?)

So I think I should be able to get it between 500-600/mo w/ $0 drive off other than first payment.

So far the 61k MSRP dealer wants $785 / mo and the dealer with the 64k MRSP car will take $700. Are they just stuck on wanting to keep these cars for their grandchildren?

What say you Hackrzzzzz?

Howd you get to that number? Based on that offer, it looks like youd need an additional $7000-8000 in dealer discount to get there.

1 Like

Msrp - 10% - Lease Cash

I put what I got into the calculator here

You have you discounts and incentives mixed, left out $1-2k in fees, have the wrong taxes for IL, etc.

You mention being in Chicagoland… are you actually in Chicago?

1 Like

In will county. I thought taxes were 8% in Will. I don’t understand the difference between discounts and incentives. I thought one came from Volvo and the other from the dealer. Can you help me find a number that makes sense?

Youre correct about the incentives in that a discou t is from the dealer (which is what youre trying to maximize) and the other is from the bank. Separating them is important for you to properly compare pre-incentive discounts against other deals and because incrntives are often taxed where discounts are not. In the case of volvo, theyre not usually taxed, but for most brands they are.

You may have the right tax %, but illinois gets taxed upfront and is basically handled like New York taxes.

10% off with $0 das would look more like this:

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate the help! What is a realistic % of MSRP? I don’t know that I like it that much for $700 a month.

why dont you reach out to @Benedetto on this, but only after the NFL draft, where he’s chilling w Kendra Lust?

5 Likes

She couldn’t afford me :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Sounds good. I sent a PM.