Help leasing a 2019 Forester Sport in CA (signing tomorrow)

Just use the Subaru VIP program pricing at a dealer who is willing to accept it, and you can get the vehicle from any participating dealer. It is 2% under invoice, with no haggling. You can get this discount for about $60 by searching Google for “subaru vip phs”. Make sure you go in with the proper money factor from the edmunds leasing forum for your zipcode and trim level (the dealer can mess with that by .005)…don’t worry about the residiual, that is set nationwide. That discount won’t be immediate, though, it takes a couple of days.

Sorry I’m also not understanding what ur referring to? The lease quote I’m gonna sign? Or my question about gap insurance? Someone above said it was included…

They’re trying to to tell you the deal you’re about to sign isn’t that great and offering up a way for you to get it cheaper…nothing to do with the GAP coverage or wear and tear included.

oh okay, got it. I’ll research the VIP program right now…

So, I looked into the Subaru VIP program and how to sign up. I also wanted to see what 2% off the invoice looked like before signing up.
So I reached out to my sales rep and the Dealer Cost of the car is $27,215 (the sales rep actually sent me the invoice to me via text at 10:30pm local time, which i find admirable). So a 2% discount would come out to be $26,670. On the lease quote it shows the Cash Sale Price of $26,715.

Unless I did the math wrong then clearly it’s not worth it for me to wait a few days to sign up for Subaru VIP program since the difference is < $100 (and that’s not even including the fee to sign up in the first place.)

Here are the lease quotes and invoice sheet, if anyone cares to double check it. Thank you for your help.

I’m saying that you are not getting proper discount. You don’t need Subaru VIP to get 2% when you can get at least $1,000 under invoice on a Forester by negotiating, I would think.
@okifeelthat

1 Like

Bank acq fee is only 295? Nice …

What the heck BMW with 995? Does it cost more to run a bank that lends to BMW than one that lends to Subaru

1 Like

I see. Well, currently the price is $500 under invoice. Of course I would like to save another $500, but I’m just not sure it would be possible considering the two other dealers with the closest offers have dropped out of negotiations as soon as I told them to beat my current offer. I could look to other dealers of course but frankly I’m getting tired and want to get it already. And maybe I’m really trustworthy but I like my sales rep too!

Not enough dealer discount. I was quoted 1900 under invoice on a Sport.

Wow that’s really good! Is that in the Bay Area?

Just signed! Thanks to everyone for your help and advice. I’m officially a Subie owner! And thanks @Warbeast for your help, she was a great sales rep!