Help from Hackrs!

Asking all Hackrs who can provide some advice on the following: Today I took my wife’s xc60 T8 to a local tint shop and unfortunately they caused some damage to the driver side door panel while trying to remove, also the passenger side camera no longer has a signal. I immediately discussed the issue with the owner and he offered to have a new panel ordered from our local Volvo dealership and he’d install as well as make sure all connections are secure for the camera. I am wondering if this could potentially void the warranty as the tint shop owner is not a Volvo certified technician authorized to make any type of repairs. I am thinking on just having my local Volvo order the part(s) and make the repairs and have the tint shop foot the bill. Thoughts?

Here are some pics of the damage they did with I am assuming a screwdriver

Passenger camera with no connection

Take it to volvo

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I figured that was the smart thing to do as it is obvious the tint shop had no idea how to work on Volvo’s or they wouldn’t have tried to pry the door panel off! Guess they didn’t even think to YouTube “2019 Volvo XC60 door panel removal” :man_facepalming:t4::man_facepalming:t4:

They’ve definitely proved that they can’t work on the car, so definitely don’t let them do more

That’s for sure! The sad part is I had to discover the issue myself instead of the business being honest and upfront about it. I was trying to keep my cool with him but deep down I was :rage::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: