Help finding an LA area dealer that will accept a Fiat lease return

Had this issue with a dealer in Georgia that wouldn’t accept an ally bank lease return. Ally sent a flat bed, no charge, to the clients house to pick it up. It’s part of the dispo/ inception fee that they have to accommodate returns. Check your contract

2 Likes

So I turned in my Fiat today at Glendale CDJR and it took only 15 minutes. The rep was a pretty chill dude as well. I did check out some Wranglers afterwards with a salesman and went on a test drive. We talked some lease numbers afterwards for about 15 minutes. They were not pushy at all and did not take my driver’s license hostage or do anything shady. It was an overall great experience.

As for Ontario, I left three messages over a span of 3-4 weeks. I never received a call back. I received contact info from another member which I used to email. Surprisingly, I got an email back within a day this past Tuesday but was told they were completely booked for Feb and I would be on the waitlist for March. I said fine but asked whether it would be in time by the first week of March. I didn’t get a response by email but a few days later I got a call from someone else saying they read my email and that they would schedule me and offered February dates (which I thought that was fully booked but I digress). I scheduled for next week just in case I couldn’t return at Glendale today. I guess I can cancel that appointment now.

3 Likes

But Mercedes actually cares about the customer experience.

I’m sure Hondas are no problem too. lots of those dealers probably salivate at selling off lease Hondas.

The problem is, when you’re Hyundai or a FCA dealer - you don’t care about customer satisfaction. And you sure as heck don’t want any lease returns, because they’re probably worth less than what I leave in the toilet every morning.

I’ll probably never lease another Hyundai for that reason. It was a nightmare grounding that car.

Congrats!! I’m happy for you. That’s a good dealer, they even told you ahead of time you don’t have to buy/lease another car.

Literally every Hyundai dealer told me that they only take leases back with another finance/lease, which is obviously BS.

Glad it work out for you!

Honda dealerships love lease returns. Easy car to recondition and sell.

1 Like

It’s funny, I pass by Monrovia Honda everyday on the freeway and I see a large saying “Authorized lease return center” or something similar. I never understood why a dealer would advertise that until recently.

2 Likes

Hondas are super pricey at the auctions so lease returns and trade-ins are the best way to acquire them.

2 Likes

I just had a similar experience trying to arrange my Dad’s Acadia return. Several GMC dealers flat out refused, unless he leased it from them, or was getting something else that day. Finally we found a Chevy dealer who was willing to take it without a problem, probably because it was a Denali with probably 15k miles on it, clean title with minimal reconditioning needed.

One more reason why Honda doesn’t feel the need to play the volume game like Toyota. They sell plenty, they subvent modestly, they hold they value.

1 Like