Help finding an LA area dealer that will accept a Fiat lease return

I’m currently leasing a 2017 Fiat 500e that ends in early March and I’m having a hard time finding a dealer that will respond or accept the car.

I originally leased it through Orange Coast Fiat but they’ve closed down or changed ownership and does not accept lease returns. The closest Fiat dealer to me is Champion in Downey but they only accept lease returns for vehicles originally leased through them. Chrysler Capital told me any CDJR dealer will accept it so I went to the West Covina location and they will only help me if I buy a vehicle through them.

I’ve called and left messages for other Fiat dealers such as Ontario, Van Nuys, and Glendale but I haven’t received responses.

I’m actually interested in a Jeep but I rather get rid of the Fiat first so I can do more research and find the best deal for the Jeep.

Does anyone know of a dealer in the LA area that will take the car without any hassle?

Thats just dumb. I don’t understand why they try to make it so hard. Our store accepts Lexus/Toyota lease returns all day from other dealers. Leaving a good impression might get you back in the future. Not sure why they don’t see it that way.

A tiny fiat doesn’t take up much room on their lot waiting for pick up :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Where have you been servicing it?

Kinda sad when return to sender fails.

Service on an electric car?

2 Likes

Yes, even electric cars need service occasionally. And we all know what FIAT stands for.

3 Likes

I only recently serviced it at Champion in Downey to fix some minor things before the warranty/lease ends. Other than that, there have been no issues so I haven’t needed to service it.

Hello? It’s a Fiat

Have you contacted them? I’d call and ask to speak to someone about a lease return, tell them that you serviced there and you need to ground the lease - when is a good day and time to bring it in? Don’t leave your name or make an appointment - as long as you aren’t coming in 5 mins before this person goes home (fleet folks usually work bankers hours depending on dealer) and on a busy Fri or Weekend you should be fine.

2 Likes

Don’t give up, keep calling all the dealerships - close and far.

I had the exact same thing happen to me with my Hyundai. My local dealer wouldn’t ground the vehicle because I leased it from a far away dealer (I moved).

I called around and had to return it 20 miles away to a dealer I’ve never serviced it with. Also to others in this post, not everyone with a lease does maintenance through a dealer. I have a local mechanic I do my oil changes with.

Unfortunately for you, FCA cannot make a dealer ground your car.

But you can threaten to rip them a new one on yelp and that will usually do the trick. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Tried that, didn’t work :joy:

But then again, they had crap reviews to begin with.

1 Like

Ripping an FCA dealer with a negative stars review on yelp is like posting a review for the sun and saying it rises in the east.

11 Likes

I’m impressed with your patience. I do not know what I’d do if the two Acura dealerships closest to me refused to accept my lease return. It would probably involve a few calls to Honda NA HQ/their general counsel’s office and then maybe a certified letter to their registered agent in Virginia threatening a lot of things I would never actually do (I’m not actually gonna keep the car, stop paying and litigate if dealer won’t ground my lease - but they don’t know I am not an insane person).

Of course, one reason I lease/own two Honda brand products is their customer service and not having to worry about them being shady on lease return.

2 Likes

Go to an fca dealership and cause a big stink, or even an alfa dealer(maybe they will less fca’ish, doubtful though). They have to take it. I would think if you cause a big enough scene they’ll take it just to make you go away. Go on a Saturday too when it’s busy. Just make sure they turn it in and give you a print out. Or just call fca again and put it on them, ask them where the heck can I return this thing, ask for a supervisor get names etc.

1 Like

Van Nuys has a bunch of used ones, i’d just show up there. Dealerships are so flakey, especially fca ones. You could probably say you talked to someone on the phone and they said you can drop it there. Most people won’t question it and will just want you to go away. After you drop it, take pics and call fca saying to dropped it and gets names and times etc

Don’t tell people you got it elsewhere. Just show up and say you are returning it.

3 Likes

I had a similar situation back in Dec/Jan time frame, got it originally from OC Fiat but they refuse to take my lease return. To make long story short, Ontario Fiat (or CJDR) is the only one that will take my lease return. You do need to make an appointment (and only M-F, 10am to like 5pm) and the the lady will call you back about a week to 10 days after you left your voicemail. Good luck

If all else fails pretend you are going to get a new car and while talking about the new one have then do the least return

3 Likes

Park it, leave the keys on a managers a desk and say, “I dropping of my lease return” and walk out. If they give you any crap tell then they’re legally obligated to take it as per their dealer agreement with FCA. Its ok to lie…they do it all day.

Sounds like a new sales tactic to keep peeps from lease shopping.

2 Likes

You need the signed odometer statement to prove it was grounded.