Help a rookie out! 2024 Wrangler 4xe S lease quote from dealer

I’m in southwest Florida, trying to get quotes on wrangler 4xe in all different trims. Crazy how much initial quotes come in. They truly try to rip your eyes out. The best quote ive gotten so far was due to sending a leasehackr marketplace offer and saying that I had these offers and asking if they could be competitive. It is still way too high but it’s a start… I am a rookie on the forum and trying to learn. Attached below is what they sent me back for a quote. I also became a super supporter so I can use the calculator with the rate finder. I would really appreciate any feedback on what I should do next in negotiating. Is it weird to ask a dealer about things like residual, money factor, what the lease program is being used through stellantis as shown on the calculator?

For the calculator I tried to picked the lease program that would result in the highest payment just to see how different it is from the quote I got from dealer. It’s way lower. $343 versus $576. What is best practice on choosing the lease program in the calculator? I kind of rambled in this post but tried to give general idea… any feedback would be great. I feel like I’m missing something here.

How did you come up with 16% off plus another $11k incentives?

Click on Marketplace for Jeep in your state. Will answer most of your questions.

i added the incentives of 3500 dealer cash + 7500 EV credit, and then just put the number from the dealer as the final selling price. When I remove the incentives the 16% off MSRP stays the same but the payment goes alot higher so i see what you mean. Am I double counting here? If you want to provide a calculator link of what you think is correct that might be helpful. Or if there is any other information I can provide let me know. Based off other examples i’ve seen, like this one below from autoninjas a couple days ago, my calculations seemed reasonable when I did it.

Yes you are double counting the incentives. In the quote above the “Total Savings” of $13,200 includes the $11k of incentives.

So adjust your calculator so that the discount from MSRP is only $2200 but keep the $11k in incentives.

1 Like

OP you can do a lot better than $2,200 before incentives can’t you?

yes. no doubt. a more general question I have, it normal to ask dealer for residual, money factor, etc? What are the most important questions to ask when negotiating where I can go back to them with data and make a deal?

A best practice would be to research these for yourself beforehand and focus on the sales price of the vehicle with the dealership.

thank you very much! i knew i was missing something.

If you want to do it the true LH way then the only question you ever ask the dealer is if they’ll accept your offer or not.

You don’t ask or rely on the dealer for the MF, RV, etc. You get all of this info beforehand, either from here or on Edmunds. You research incentives and what you qualify for, as well as what brokers are offering in the Marketplace to figure the best possible pre-incentive discount.

Once you have all this information then build your target deal using the LH calculator. Then you make the dealer an offer.

2 Likes

You can do what @j_e_f_f posted above or use a broker!

If you do a quick search for wrangler in the marketplace you will find lots of pre-negotiated posted deals that will help you target your deal.

For ex.

1 Like

What @j_e_f_f said.

Psychologically just banish the idea of “negotiating”. Make a realistic offer that at least 1 of 12 dealers will accept at the end of the month. Plan B you accept the best counter offer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.