Help a newb: Numbers for 2020 BMW 540i xDrive

Hi All,

In Colorado, so I know I’m at a disadvantage there already. Looking to lease a first “nice” car and I can’t get calculator numbers to match however the dealership is coming up with their stuff. Seems to be my calculator is $40 off, low.

Advice, other approach or areas to push, etc all much appreciated.

Car is a demo with 1100 miles. I feel like a heavier discount should be in order, but dealer may not agree.

MSRP: $68,670

Dealer Discount: $8,110

Selling price: $60,560

BMW Rebate: $2750 (lease cash plus conquest)

Gov fee: $37.20

Dealer handling: $599

Final sale: $57,810

Total due at signing: $923.21 (this is wrong because of the acq fee- the dealer has rolled this in?)

From edmunds: 56% RV, .00099 MF, $1750 lease cash (dealer has given conquest - is loyalty more?)

I would quality for loyalty (if it’s more than conquest) and college grad, which I don’t believe dealer has put in.

Have not asked about or calculated with MSD. Dealer has marked up MF.

Please let me know if I missed info- tried to do as much as possible before my first post

Calculator: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=BMW&miles=15000&msd=0&msrp=68670&sales_price=60560&months=36&mf=.00139&dp=0&dealer_fee=499&acq_fee=925&taxed_inc=2750&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=56&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=0&demo_mileage=1100&memo=Also%20quality%20for%20college%20grad&acqFee_check=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

$40 sounds like it could be the sales tax not included in your calculator

This deal is essentially 9-10% pre-incentive discount at base MF. On a 2020 540 you should be able to easily get that on a new unit (not a loaner).

1. Ask for another 3-4% off.
  2. Ask for base MF.
  3. Make sure they apply all the incentives. Including loyalty, lease cash and college grad. Total rebates may up being 2k, 1.75k and 1k respective.
  4. Do 7 MSDs.

Should put you close to this, depending on whatever is your tax rate.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice all. I’m going to push a little and see re: base MF and any additional percentage off.

I’m also scheduled to actually go to a BMW UDE in Denver in about 3 weeks - would love to get the bonus from that locked in this deal. Is that something I can ask the dealer about? Or, am I stuck til the event actually happens?

You’ll need to wait until the event to procure the code. And, keep in mind that $1000 discount is split between BMW and the dealer. Sometimes dealers refuse to fund their half if the deal is already at a high end discount.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! You’re right - probably not worth it on a high discount in that case for a small incentive.

I suppose I can use the fact of going to the UDE in a few weeks as a factor in pushing for the higher discount.

It doesnt work like that but you do you. At the end of the day, its most like $500, or $15/m. So not a big deal

Thanks for your advice. I know it’s a small difference, but never hurts to ask of course. And, I am aware there’s nothing to use negotiation leverage wise in an OL code, but again maybe doesn’t hurt to bring it up.

Thanks for the thoughts.

You can argue ur gonna wait 3 weeks to get the code, so if they can give an extra $500 now, you’l take it. but thats about it

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your assistance. :slight_smile:

Dealer was not interested in moving at all on the discount, and turns out the car actually has over 3300 miles on it, which hurts RV even more. Also were not very interested in moving MF, so will probably try and look elsewhere or see about shipping something.

Thanks everybody again for helping and chiming in on my first attempt.

Might I suggest you look at finding a broker. The investment you make in one will be well worth it. And, in the long run you’ll relieve you self of the stress, lost time and hassle associated with chasing after the right deal.

2 Likes

@IAC could ship you a car probably. IDK if they have any 5 demo/loaners.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips both @HersheySweet and @TonyI - I’m not having to have a 5, and am fortunately not in dire need of a car at the moment, just happened to see the original one locally and thought it may have been a good opportunity.

I’ll certainly reach out to some of the trusted brokers here - I’ve seen some cars offered as non-xDrive, which is definitely something that I need here in CO.