Hello Lease Experts! I am looking for 3 row SUV for family car

The Honda Pilot is like a BMW + Volvo had a superbaby.

1 Like

My wife had a 2017 GT AWD for a little over 2 years.

Infotainment system is miserably slow and painful to use.

3rd row is pretty useless and the storage behind it isn’t any better. Works fine if you want a 2 row suv with more storage than a cx-5, but that’s about it.

Interior materials look great for the first week or two until they attract scratches for everything nearby. Who thought a center console that was all piano black was a good idea?

Paint chips if you look at it wrong.

Ours made this weird clunking/jerking on rapid throttle lift-off. Never was able to get a diagnoses on it.

People claim that it has some amazing driving dynamics… it’s an economy 3 row suv. Maybe it’s tighter sprung than a school bus but it’s not some fun vehicle to drive.

I haven’t seen her happier than the day we discovered carvana was offering the same as the current buy out amount.

Where are you? In Seattle I found it relatively easy to get to under 400 a month + TTL on an Ascent Limited.

I really like the Atlas but they lease like crap and the CX9 is too tiny in the 3rd row. Now just debating if I want to snatch up an XC90 for a bit more than the Ascent. Trade off would be luxury vs function.

Oh wow, thatvis pretty cheap for Ascent limited, im in so.cal. also checking xc90’s but they r in $600’s

You can do better

I have been trying to buy a telluride, but I cannot find the spec I want and dealerships are telling me it will take 4 to 6 months.

So I have been in search of 3 row SUV’s also. I found a good deal it think. Planning on going to sign this weekend.

2020 Honda Pilot Touring
36 Month / 12,000 miles a year
MSRP $44,140
Discount $6,350 which includes the $1000 conquest (does not stack with loyalty but I wish it did)
Selling Price $37,790
Sales Tax $2,937.64
Doc Fee $ 85
Tire/Battery/MVWEA $ 8.75
Weight Fee $ 80
Tag/Registration Fees $496
Electronic Filing $30
Smog abatment fee $20
Flat add/county fee $7
Balance Due = $ 41,454

Cash Due $ 1,164 (1st month + all those fees)
Monthly = $ 431

1 Like

$431 including tax? and where you at?

Reach out to @aspec1. He has great MDX deals.

Scroll up about 5 posts.

I will agree that the Journey is likely much more miserable.

I am located in San Diego, but will be driving up a little bit up the 5 to get the car. Yes, it is including tax.

He also quoted me for a EX-L for $1,013 drive off and $360 a month for 36month/12,000 miles a year.

I can give you his info once I sign the deal.

1 Like

I am in near Anaheim so, it certainly driving range. Yea, if you can get me his info later that be great.
thanks

I’m in the same boat, and last I checked SD/CV dealers were either marking up Tellurides or there were none in any sort of decent configuration.

Have you driven the Pilot? What were your thoughts? I was considering an Explorer since I’m coming from a Ford Escape and got a PCO, but it seems way overpriced now in comparison.

@Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto not too familiar with Honda’s lineup since my old 03 Accord. Why do you say it’s “not everyone’s favorite?”

Cheers.

I can attest, Mazda has the worst infotainment in the industry. It literally hurts my body to use it. Their paint is also a bit soft. As far as driving dynamics, better than most but people shopping 3 row SUVs aren’t putting that at the top of their list.

I’ve driven the new 3s, excellent car. I have a Miata, very happy with mine, but I would stay away from the CX-9. The 3rd row is cramped.

Your best bet is the Pilot, Atlas, or Highlander.

I had the same issue with the telluride! I finally found an SX but they want 8k over msrp because it’s so rare right now with their factories closed :woman_facepalming: So I gave up and am getting a RR instead.

The pilot EX-L is really nice. I had the MDX before and LOVED it. I second @Kinetics14 or @aspec1 Ideas. Much better looking than the Hyundai, imo. Good luck! Hope it works out for you.

Meanwhile we had a palisade limited deal posted today at 8% pre-incentive discount.

1 Like

Have you considered a minivan? We had an MDX and Highlander before switching to the Odyssey and it has been a serious life hack and the convenience is unmatched. To me, most if not all 3 row SUVs look like grocery getters, so just get the one that is actually most functional. The mini!

That made no sense at all. Who pays double for fewer features just to be above or below some imaginary line (MSRP)?

Yup, we will purchase a mini after my last lease.

I am leaning towards EXL, but this so called “popping noise” from either dash board/speaker worries me, I ve read many complaint this issue

Wow can U share the dealer info?