Hello Lease Experts! I am looking for 3 row SUV for family car

I really like Telluride but their lease sucks and so is Palisade (both getting somewhere in $470-$520) for LX with $3000 down. So, I started looking else where, other option I am considering based on my budget (around $400-$450 for mid level trim) are Volks Atals and Mazda x9, they seem to have better lease deal than Hyundai/Kia currently.

Here is what I’ve got so far without going full number details,
ATLAS SE 2.0T FWD
MSRP: $36,280 Your Price: $32,687
36 Months/10k Miles Per Year, $3,000 Drive Offs, $353 Plus Tax a Month**

X9
I am not digging how x9 looks but i think this has pretty good lease deal? I am waiting to receive an actual number but initially i was offered $6600 off MSRP for Grand, Base $43350 and discounted to $37754.

any input is appreciated

thanks

I’d look at a lower spec XC90.

The CX-9 is a miserable vehicle.

You might also consider looking at MDXs and QX60s.

Finally, do your homework. Waiting for a dealer number is a horrible way to try to determine what vehicles should lease for.

1 Like

It’s not everyones favorite but the Honda Pilot is a steal right now, I have a few trim levels priced on my marketplace post and most people qualify for Conquest/Loyalty

1 Like

Serious question, what’s wrong with the CX-9?

The Honda Pilot is like a BMW + Volvo had a superbaby.

1 Like

My wife had a 2017 GT AWD for a little over 2 years.

Infotainment system is miserably slow and painful to use.

3rd row is pretty useless and the storage behind it isn’t any better. Works fine if you want a 2 row suv with more storage than a cx-5, but that’s about it.

Interior materials look great for the first week or two until they attract scratches for everything nearby. Who thought a center console that was all piano black was a good idea?

Paint chips if you look at it wrong.

Ours made this weird clunking/jerking on rapid throttle lift-off. Never was able to get a diagnoses on it.

People claim that it has some amazing driving dynamics… it’s an economy 3 row suv. Maybe it’s tighter sprung than a school bus but it’s not some fun vehicle to drive.

I haven’t seen her happier than the day we discovered carvana was offering the same as the current buy out amount.

Where are you? In Seattle I found it relatively easy to get to under 400 a month + TTL on an Ascent Limited.

I really like the Atlas but they lease like crap and the CX9 is too tiny in the 3rd row. Now just debating if I want to snatch up an XC90 for a bit more than the Ascent. Trade off would be luxury vs function.

Oh wow, thatvis pretty cheap for Ascent limited, im in so.cal. also checking xc90’s but they r in $600’s

You can do better

I have been trying to buy a telluride, but I cannot find the spec I want and dealerships are telling me it will take 4 to 6 months.

So I have been in search of 3 row SUV’s also. I found a good deal it think. Planning on going to sign this weekend.

2020 Honda Pilot Touring
36 Month / 12,000 miles a year
MSRP $44,140
Discount $6,350 which includes the $1000 conquest (does not stack with loyalty but I wish it did)
Selling Price $37,790
Sales Tax $2,937.64
Doc Fee $ 85
Tire/Battery/MVWEA $ 8.75
Weight Fee $ 80
Tag/Registration Fees $496
Electronic Filing $30
Smog abatment fee $20
Flat add/county fee $7
Balance Due = $ 41,454

Cash Due $ 1,164 (1st month + all those fees)
Monthly = $ 431

1 Like

$431 including tax? and where you at?

Reach out to @aspec1. He has great MDX deals.

Scroll up about 5 posts.

I will agree that the Journey is likely much more miserable.

I am located in San Diego, but will be driving up a little bit up the 5 to get the car. Yes, it is including tax.

He also quoted me for a EX-L for $1,013 drive off and $360 a month for 36month/12,000 miles a year.

I can give you his info once I sign the deal.

1 Like

I am in near Anaheim so, it certainly driving range. Yea, if you can get me his info later that be great.
thanks

I’m in the same boat, and last I checked SD/CV dealers were either marking up Tellurides or there were none in any sort of decent configuration.

Have you driven the Pilot? What were your thoughts? I was considering an Explorer since I’m coming from a Ford Escape and got a PCO, but it seems way overpriced now in comparison.

@Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto not too familiar with Honda’s lineup since my old 03 Accord. Why do you say it’s “not everyone’s favorite?”

Cheers.

I can attest, Mazda has the worst infotainment in the industry. It literally hurts my body to use it. Their paint is also a bit soft. As far as driving dynamics, better than most but people shopping 3 row SUVs aren’t putting that at the top of their list.

I’ve driven the new 3s, excellent car. I have a Miata, very happy with mine, but I would stay away from the CX-9. The 3rd row is cramped.

Your best bet is the Pilot, Atlas, or Highlander.

I had the same issue with the telluride! I finally found an SX but they want 8k over msrp because it’s so rare right now with their factories closed :woman_facepalming: So I gave up and am getting a RR instead.

The pilot EX-L is really nice. I had the MDX before and LOVED it. I second @Kinetics14 or @aspec1 Ideas. Much better looking than the Hyundai, imo. Good luck! Hope it works out for you.

Meanwhile we had a palisade limited deal posted today at 8% pre-incentive discount.

1 Like

Have you considered a minivan? We had an MDX and Highlander before switching to the Odyssey and it has been a serious life hack and the convenience is unmatched. To me, most if not all 3 row SUVs look like grocery getters, so just get the one that is actually most functional. The mini!