Have we hit peak Federal interest rates?

Surely (hopefully!) this is a joke haha

3 Likes

Nobody talking about the fact UBS took over CS for almost 10 cents on the dollar.

2 Likes

And now Bank of Japan? Oh boy…

1 Like

They did a little better. 40 on the $1 but still terrible for any shareholders. I wouldn’t be holding any banks right now, even though buffet is going value shopping apparently.

1 Like

FRC looking like a $0 unless they get bought for a CS deal.

1 Like

I didn’t hold that garbage. I just had a good feeling they were all gonna pop off last Monday’s lows! I didn’t sell at the top but it was still a good swing trade!

5 Likes

Aka I bought at the top of the tech bubble. Again…

1 Like

How did those FRC and CS calls you were recommending work out?

FRC was a 10x didn’t buy any CS

1 Like

So rate increases are nearing end, fed balance sheet on sharp incline, bank bailouts.

2%…sure right.

“The Committee anticipates that some additional policy firming may be appropriate in order to attain a stance of monetary policy that is sufficiently restrictive to return inflation to 2 percent over time.“

2 Likes

Off-ramping this off-ramp topic.

but WTH is a mileage tax?
https://twitter.com/RichardPBailey_/status/1643696981616001024?s=20

It’s an additional tax that would be levied on every mile of driving, which would be in addition to the highest gas tax** in the US, the most burdensome regulations for the petroleum industry (which is just more gas tax, only indirectly), the cap and trade program (another indirect gas tax), the ridiculous vehicle license fees (which they still want to double), etc.

Newsome also just created a new bureaucracy to punish oil companies for “excess profits,” but of course the additional costs will be passed to consumers, so it’s another indirect gas tax.

** California and municipalities also charge sales tax on gas, which is calculated after the gas tax is added in, so you’re paying sales tax on gas tax. And the last gas tax increase that was passed by the CA legislature included automatic future tax increases tied to an inflation index, so they don’t even have to vote on gas tax increases anymore, they just happen by operation of law.

I also read yesterday that there’s a proposal to split utility bills into two sections: one that’s determined by usage, and the other is to be based on income (which is also already heavily taxed).

3 Likes

Theft.

Episode 19 Gold GIF by The Simpsons

2 Likes

Yeah we discussed that in this thread:

we going up up up

the highest rate since 2001

inflation is hurting all of us

3 Likes

I see you licked the cardboard too :rofl:

7 Likes

Must be nice to eat two Big Macs for lunch