Has anyone had any luck with Mercedes Swap of Collateral? EQS

Hi All,
Have any of you had any luck getting a SOC from Mercedes? I’m on my second EQS 580 SUV that I got at the beginning of last month and just after a week and a couple hundred miles there is some issue with the car the renders it useless and there is no ETA for parts. I’m not quite ready to take my toys and go home, so I was wondering if any of you had any success in getting Mercedes to swap for a gas car. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I doubt they would do an SOC as typically that is based off MSRP and the EV MSRPs are uber inflated.

If you are having issues with the vehicle I’d say your best options are a buyback/lease termination and if that doesn’t work going the lemon law route.

I know Chevy did a bunch of SOCs for the Bolts and included gas cars in their options, but that was a whole different fiasco with news around battery fires forcing their hand to save a PR nightmare.

I currently have my original EQS 450+ on the last month of a 13 month lease which I’m going through the lemon process with. I was hoping to stay within the brand and maybe swap for something like a GLE 580/53. I genuinely enjoy driving the EQS, but it doesn’t seem like there are any deals to be had on anything similar. A buyback would put me in a significantly worse position, which is why I was curious if anyone had any luck with SOC.

It was wise to have leased two EQS so you can drive one when the other is in the shop

3 Likes

Did Alfa Romeo buy Mercedes recently?