Has anyone custom ordered a 2023 BMW X3 over the last 3-4 months, and if so, how long did it take to take delivery?

I ordered a 2023 BMW X3 M-Sport (not M40i) through a broker on January 11th, 2023 and still haven’t received any concrete updates on when I will be able to take delivery. When I placed my order I was told lead time was up to 12 weeks (but it would probably be sooner), and now here we are on April 1st and I still don’t have a build/production code, which makes me think it hasn’t even started production and could be another 4-6 weeks.

Has anyone ordered a 2023 BMW X3 recently, and if so, how long did you have to wait to take delivery? I’m trying to be patient but I just sold my Volvo XC60 (fortunately, I do have other cars I can drive in the meantime) and have to make plans to go pick up my new vehicle, so I’m hoping for some good news and updates this week, but was curious what kind of lead times other people have been experiencing on this model. Thanks in advance!

That’s honestly crazy. While X3s are kind of limited right now (allocations have slowed to a trickle), it’s still something that comes in every month. I’ve seen cars arrive in as little as two weeks, but waiting 4-6 weeks is perfectly normal, not 3 months.

Example:
Allocation comes in on February 4. It goes into production on March 6. Production is complete on March 20, and the car arrived on March 23 - that’s on the longer side of things for orders.

If you don’t have a production number, you’re being led on. My discount isn’t high - only 3% due to availability - but I have two ready to go right now if you’d like to place an order and get a production number tomorrow when the dealership is open.

2 Likes

If you don’t have a build code/production number, then someone probably order banked you, meaning they didn’t actually have an allocation.

X3’s with production numbers generally should be 60-80 days. I have a few allocations that are going to build next month, I PM’d you an offer on one, feel bad that you got stuck in this situation so I want to try to help you out.

LH broker?

1 Like

Yes - I ordered through Clutch, and the order went through a Midwest dealer in Chicago - I found out about them through LH.

The reason I ordered one is because I couldn’t find anything spec’d out exactly how I wanted it and didn’t mind waiting to custom order something…I got a 9% discount plus rebates so it was better than anything my local dealership was offering but now I am getting impatient since I don’t even have a production code and have been waiting since January….

I’ll get you done at 6% (best I can offer now), allocation in hand, production already scheduled for next month, and if you’re in KY, we’ll send it to SC for PCD (Performance Center Delivery) so you don’t need to drive to the dealer to pickup.

1 Like

I appreciate the responses and offers, however @Clutch has excellent reviews and has been very responsive throughout the process, so I want to see what they say first. I also may just call the dealership the order was placed through and see what they have to say since I feel like I am being lied to and misled at this point.

I am just frustrated that I sold my car thinking I would get it in April/May and now here I am at 12 weeks, which was supposed to be the conservative estimate, with no idea when it will arrive. I don’t like being lied to or misled and it seemed that this broker was reputable and a lot of people here on the forum used them. I would just like an honest explanation of why there are delays and why I’m getting minimal information from them, when they were very responsive and quick to answer all my questions before I placed the order and paid them their fee. Very disappointed and frustrated.

2 Likes

Hi Ashley!
Thank you for your patience. I have emailed you your production number for you to track the progress of your vehicle to track on BMW My garage. Apologies about not sending it out earlier. We appreciate the opportunity.

6 Likes

Nothing to worry about with Clutch, as you mentioned they have an excellent reputation and the discount you have is insanely high for the lack of supply on the X3.

I can 100% vouch you are not being “led” on, Clutch is a broker whom would refund you without hesitation if the deal can not be fulfilled.

They aren’t the type of establishment whom will refuse to rightfully refund your fee and make you whole only to get banned as a result.

5 Likes

Yup, as mentioned above, you don’t have to worry about anything with @Clutch, and it sounds like the matter is already all sorted out. That’s an amazing discount for the times as well.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone! I appreciate all the responses and reassurances. I’m excited to get my new X3!

At least it isn’t 14 months for an Audi SQ7 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.