Harman Kardon and HUD. Worth it?

I’ve got HK in my 5 and it beats the base system in my sisters 3 series, but falls super short of the B&W system in the upper end models like the 8. It’s funny we literally have every sound system offered by BMW in the garage lol

1 Like

Placebo affect. Have you done a blind test?

2 Likes

We are two posts away at most from this thread becoming monster cables vs 99 cent cables.

2 Likes

Ha! Not really, this isn’t theory you are enabling setting for hardware that doesn’t exist in the car. There is no way it does anything. But if it makes people happy by all means do ti.

Don’t know about apple but Android auto definitely comes up on HUD at least in 21 x3, can’t speak for other cars but I’d guess hardware software would be similar

2 Likes

That’s fantastic. If that’s the case, it’s worth it. In my 2020, I wish the car play would just display on dash

HK in my M4 was awesome. Didn’t miss HUD at all.

1 Like

I am a firm believer that even the Harman Kardon “upgrade” in BMW vehicles is a rip-off, for both BMW, and for the customer. But if you don’t do it, you’ll get the OEM BMW speakers which are even worse.

That’s a game changer. Having to look over at my center screen for nav is one of my biggest issues with Android auto in my car

1 Like

The HK in the previous generation F series 3’s and 4’s was just something else. The current generation G series doesn’t sound nearly as good, but still better than stock speakers.

2 Likes

BMW current gen iDrive projects Apple Maps turn-by-turn into the HUD (but not Waze or Google). This is a must have for me.

2 Likes

it took bmw ages to integrate android auto. absolute joke. my i8 didn’t even have carplay.

3 Likes

If your leasing it and it’s not stupidly priced then take it. If your buying the car the speaker upgrade is totally worth it.

1 Like

How many cars you got :face_with_monocle:? Are they all leased?

right now, none.

1 Like

How you gettin’ around ? Dealer loaning you a car?

I borrow cars.

3 Likes

If someone in the Midwest needs a lease, you can ship the car ? :face_with_monocle:

You spend most of your drive-time in other people’s new rides - right? Then why have your own in this :banana::banana: market? :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I love the variety of opinions in this thread. And it’s kind of what I anticipated. Thank you everyone for the input!

1 Like