Hard no to EVs!

you live in florida for f’s sake. what on earth would compel you to believe, even for a second, that orlando and especially the area around the theme parks, would be setup to support EV’s in any way, shape, or form?

3 Likes

I don’t think you get it either. And I understand why. When I lived in a condo, I had the same POV.

3 Likes

There are several dc fast chargers around universal studios, although it could be better.

6 Likes

come on, as a florida resident, you know damn well what i was getting at.

I know what you were getting at, but as a FL resident that had a bev for a while, its a problem that I never struggled with. I was always able to find charging options where i needed them, particularly in the major cities.

3 Likes

Oh I dunno…Maybe because millions of people drive there and it would be the one place where it would make the most sense in all of central FL?

1 Like

burger king coupon sort of thing

$4 gas? Where are you getting it that cheap? I have to go to Costco to get gas under $6 in California.

2 Likes

The world and life of EVs is far from perfect. And this thread does point out a lot of misinformation (or lack of information) about EVs.

For one, EV drivers consider it common knowledge that EV range is considerably lower on the highway. Something a non-EV owner and an uninformed car rental counter agent probably wouldn’t know.

For charging stations, it’s about finding the stations with CCS (for non Tesla, non LEAF) and knowing the apps where to find them.

So yea it’s definitely a lot more work to plan out a long trip with an EV especially for someone not deeply experienced in the nuances. Not a knock on the OP, but this is less of an EV issue and more of a lack of experience with EV issue. Frankly even taking on a diesel car or CNG would be equally challenging.

As times go on, life with EVs will only get better or easier. This is coming from someone with a 40 kWh LEAF who charges at home on L1 (5.4 mi/hr) 97% of the miles for the better part of 2 years.

6 Likes

There’sa technical reason why charging slows above 80% rate. Designed to manage heading efficiency as high charging output increases heat.

4 Likes

I think that was your harsh introduction into the world of EVs.

I jumped onto i3, and Ioniq and Leaf craze. All 3 cars never reached their claimed range but I learned that after a few days of driving the i3.

You have to give yourself a margin of safety, which sounds like you couldn’t do since you were crunched for time. Did you turn off the air conditioning?
That adds on some range as well.

I agree with your other points though. Not sure why people in your condo have Teslas, if they can’t charge at home. Not sure why anyone would buy an EV if they can’t charge at home or live next to some sort of charging network.

For me, an EV that can be taken on road trips should get about 350 to 400 miles or range. Even if claimed range is 100 miles less, it’s not the end of the world.

How? Not a single Republican voted yes for the climate change law, which pumps billions of dollars, auto manufactures want to chase into EV’s. And every woke company wants to do there “part”.

2 Likes

I know plenty of republican Tesla drivers…. Relax… this is not a political discussion

6 Likes

Lol. I guess all these EVs in Massachusetts are keeping gas demand down. $3.45 near me.

3 Likes

I am relaxed you asked how…and I’m a right leaning Tesla driver. You just got forced EV car as opposed to the true EV car.

1 Like

But the fake beef tastes just like the real beef.

1 Like

They also give you a choice: Get hit in the head from 100 ft drop with a Golf ball or a Beach Ball-whichever way you choose, it’s a ball right… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

calm the big lebowski GIF

I saw gas <$3 in NJ 2 weeks ago…

Look mate, its a hard no for you. No worries, it doesn’t fit your use case. Its fine, lets move on.

For a fact, I have an EV (I kinda really hate it, I wanna go back to gas but CA won’t let me) but despite that, I also wouldn’t take an EV on a road trip. Works fine for normal day to day driving