Haggle with a Lease Broker?

Adding fees? Maybe they use a tag service and you have to pay that. I have a charge for out of state tags bc we have to pay a service for that. Besides that there’s only your tax and the dealers doc fee.

The point of using a broker is so you don’t have to haggle. I don’t negotiate with my customers. If you’re buying multiple vehicles or you’re a return customer I can sometimes discount a bit more on the car and knock some off my fee. But that’s about all I’m flexible on

5 Likes

The whole point of a broker is to get a painless experience.

If that’s not what you’re getting away, the solution is not to haggle over it. Walk away and write a review of your experience.

4 Likes

Haggle is the wrong word I guess. If there is confusion over government fees, meaning these are non-taxable fees I would bring that up in conversation with said broker. I assume you have done recent deals or inquired with similar dealers about current gov fees before raising this point with the broker.

Now if the dealership has taxable fees, usually high doc fees ( For example 10% off with a 1% Doc fee is a more convoluted way of saying the effective discount is 9%. ) it ultimately depends on the dealer and broker. Again present your point to the broker to see if they would be willing to lower the doc fee.

Ultimately its about communicating with the broker.

Now if you want the broker to bend over backwards because you believe their 10% off MSRP is too little and you believe 20% off is more realistic based off a live market data you saw in a dream etc thats of course when brokers will promote you to ex-customer/tirekicker/do not work with list.

2 Likes

Can you expand on what fees theyre trying to add and what you think they should be?

4 Likes

None, for the most part. If you like the deal the broker is offering, you either take it or leave it.

If you can find a better deal on your own, then no need to work with a broker. My $0.02.

2 Likes

I have seen customers blow out or pick a fight over all sorts of things that are numbers related and not related to the selling price.

I once had a customer not buy because I had doc fee at $85 and they said they read online that anything over $80 is the dealer taking advantage of them. I even offered to give them the $5 difference out of my pocket. There are all types :neutral_face:

16 Likes

The question nobody asked:

Is this a LeaseHackr broker?

1 Like

Is this the same OP (under a different account) as the other thread with the x6 ?

1 Like

OP peaced out long ago folks. If you need him he’ll be pounding his kit.

This is too long, and I’m not gonna read all that. So do you guys think @aronchi will give me more discounts on a Sunday?

2 Likes

@dannyborgdrums - What’s the car and deal in question?

If you have a death wish lol

Yes, especially if you’re on the west coast.

1 Like

No, everyone knows best deals are done at 11:59pm on 12/31.

7 Likes

its the funniest thing when a customer calls at 8pm on the last day of the month expecting me to slap together a unicorn with no notice because its “eNd oF mOnTh”

13 Likes

I’m waiting for that manual Supra Jeff :crazy_face:

I only want the most difficult vehicles :melting_face:

1 Like

A real bud orders your personal favorite custom color and lets it “literally rot” for two birthdays, then firesells it to you for peanuts

6 Likes

When is your preferred unicorn request time?

Only because I’ll be high as a kite. :face_in_clouds: