Haggle with a Lease Broker?

Yeah, umm…

UNSUBSCRIBE

Hackers gonna hack.

thats literally what leasehackr already is with the bottomfeeding and the $199 broker fees that go on here.

8 Likes

Reminds me of one of our prior CIOs who came in with an edict that whenever negotiating with an external supplier you had to ask for 90% off, no matter what you were negotiating. Just because one time a SW publisher gave him that on some random product, he thought you could apply that to everything… A complete waste of everyone’s time.

3 Likes

Pre covid it was at least somewhat plausible, Nowadays you’d be lucky not to get shot!

…‘NO FEE Volvo’

9 Likes

Dealer may overestimate the government tag fees, but you will end up getting the refund later.

you’re right. i do em for charity.

7 Likes

In fairness, an ad like this is inviting haggling:

Your real payment is likely $14-$1500 on this and it’s basically so base at $92k (think that’s actually below the starting MSRP for this car) that it doesn’t exist. Also mentions $0 down (excluding yada yada yada, which prob confuses the average consumer) don’t feel bad for a broker like this getting haggled nonstop, they’re asking for it… prob part of their business model tbh.

Good example of why when comparing deals you need to look at every detail or the deal, not just the discount. It’s not hard to manipulate discounts and add fees elsewhere.

As far as negotiating with brokers, no, at least not here. Take it or leave it.

2 Likes

This also isn’t a “leasehackr” broker, this is retail brokering. There is a big difference. Almost anyone can become a retail broker.

4 Likes

Just like ACK2022 brokering deals in DM’s.:joy:

Didn’t he have a ridiculously high fee like 700 or 1000 for shitty deals

3 Likes

ACK :goat: put some respek on that name

2 Likes

mars attacks GIF

2 Likes

I wish this weren’t real but after working with a client that declined to negotiate price, they just wanted a discount, I believe it.

Oh, they also thought Agile meant “faster”.

1 Like

Not a broker here but after I send a quote, if someone asks for more off I tell them to buy elsewhere. People that are difficult to work with are the scariest individuals to arm with a loaded survey. Unlike the brokers on here a bad survey actually costs me money.

A difficult customer will not give you a good survey. It takes experience but sometimes the cars you dont sell, those are the ones that make you the most money.

6 Likes

Surveys still affect us. Too many bad surveys and a dealer loses incentive to work with us and our client base.

3 Likes

Has it happened to you before?

We typically don’t let it get that far. If we sense a problem client we broom them faster than Rosie after a dust bunny.

2 Likes

This makes zero sense. Are you making clear that your quote is absolutely the best price you can do and final offer? Otherwise, how is the customer supposed know.

Based on your statement, you would tell 99% of people on LH to go buy elsewhere. You’re treating your quotes as non-negotiable without necessarily informing the customer where the default understanding is that this is a negotiation.

Last year, a CA dealer sent me a “quote” for an XC90 that was sitting on the lot for 7+ months at MSRP + $1k protection package. That was no offer at all, and after I walked away, he repeatedly asked for counter offers.

6 Likes