Hackrs- please help me pick a new car

I’ve always leased because every 3 years I get excited about a fun new car, but this time my lease is almost up and I have no idea what I want to replace it with! Help me!

I currently drive a Toyota Highlander AWD Platinum - 2014 that I got for $0 down and pay $490/mo (in tax free NH). I’ve got two kids and two big dogs so I like the 3rd row seat but its not a must have. What I love is all the features it has, lane keep assist, dynamic cruise control, leather, memory seats, captains chairs in the back, heated front and rear seats, ventilated seats, panoramic sunroof etc.

My husband drives a 2015 Genesis Ultimate 3.8 AWD and we love that its packed with all the same features.

I’ve checked out the Kia Sorento, the Hyundai Santa Fe, the Ford Explorer and the Volvo XC90 and so far none of them seem to really work. They either don’t feel very “plushy” (the sorento and santa fe) or we can’t seem to get them down to the $0 down/$500-ish month price range (explorer/xc90) when fully featured.

What luxury mid sized SUV has a killer residual value and can be feature packed for a reasonable price?

Infiniti QX60.

I think this is the perfect luxury car for you.

And you can get it for the monthly you are looking for -
sign and drive.

Here’s are the best options in my opinion:

• Infiniti QX60 (though cooled seats requires a pricey package)
  • GMC Acadia Denali (have had offers at zero down under $500/mo)
  • Acura MDX (cooled seats are pricey here too)
  • BMW X5 (maybe with MSD’s)
  • Tahoe/Yukon
  • RX350 if you don’t need third row

That’s all I got.

X5 will be unrealistic with that many options at that price point. Otherwise useful info from the above two posters.

How about the other Volvos, XC60 and V60? Slightly left-field ideas would be a Subaru Outback or a ‘facelifted’ 2017 Highlander with the new grille in a different color.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the premium package. I might be biases but it is a really nice truck.

I think you might like the Acadia because it is brand new on the 17 model. The tech inside (Android auto/Car play etc) is all new. The Infiniti is pretty dated now tech wise (And to be clear, by tech I mean the In car entertainment, not lane assist etc) The only thing the Acadia misses is start stop which it will get in the 18 model when they install the new gearbox.

The same can be said for the Acura, Volvo, Toyota and Lexus as I have driven them all and next to the BMW and GMC the in car entertainment seemed about 5 years behind.

Thanks everyone! After reading the forum for several hours last night I came up with the QX60 as well!

It’s now top of my list, I saw one poster say they were able to get almost $10k off the almost $60k msrp on the fully loaded one which brought it comfortably into the $500 range on the lease calculator but I have no idea if I’ll be that fortunate. Even without the “Deluxe technology package” it’s still a really nice looking car that I’ll check out later this week!

A friend of mine has the Denali Acadia from last year and she loves it with some caveats, the new entertainment system looks slick but the restyling on the exterior looks like a bit of a miss to me and the inside styling isn’t even comparable to the lux Infiniti. Still it’s very feature packed at a reasonable price so I’ll check it out too.

The mdx has always been a dream car of mine but fully featured it seems out of my price range and I don’t see anyone getting crazy discounts on it either so I’ll probably skip this one so I don’t fall in love and make a stupid decision lol.

Tahoe felt a little trucky when I last saw it, and the rx350 ans vx60 both seemed a little small for the dogs in the back but they may be worth another look if I can’t get the Infiniti price down to where I want it.

Thank you so much everyone for your insight!

I know its not luxury but the 2017 Nissan Murano Platinum has all the bells and whistles and drives pretty nice but no 3rd row seat. Goid incentives, prob could get one 425 to 450 month.