Hackable Ford Mustang Mach-E?

The Ford Mustang Mach-E is right around the corner with a starting price of $42,985.

Can you lease it? If so, if Ford passes the $7,500 federal credit to the leasee, can you take advantage of CVAP and CVRP? If so, sounds like a great idea.

Looks like Ford isn’t doing leasing for the Mach-E. They’re doing a balloon program
(a la BMW owners choice) with a turn-in option. Since the vehicle will be titled to you, you’d claim the federal rebate. Residual looks to be in the upper-40s and Ford is also controlling sale price (at least for now) so probably not much in the way of discount.

So hackable in the traditional sense? Nah.

4 Likes

Most CA dealers have waiting lists for Mach-E, so my guess is that X-Plan and CVRP, if you qualify for them, will be the only levers for savings initially.

Your efforts would better be focused on applying for subsidy or saving extra money.

Any dealer that does one of these for less than sticker is setting money on fire and they know it.

2 Likes

Understood.

Even without a discount with federal and state incentives stacked, the potential for a low cost lease is there. But in this case, it appears the leasee would have to redeem the federal rebate… and considering you’re qualifying for CVAP + CVRP additional, you probably aren’t planning to pay near $7,500 to redeem the rebate.

I guess we can lock the thread now!

Is Mach-E only being made available to California residents? I’m super confused by the market and the website on this.

I try configuring my own Mach-E on the Ford website, but first you have to chose to tell them to not sell your personal data (California residents only). The only way to not have them sell your personal data is by fully filling out the personal data fields on the next page and submitting to them. So… what if you’re not a California resident… does that mean they get to sell your personal data you just submitted to them in the page where you request them no to sell your personal data as a California resident?

Why is there no opt-out option for it? How do you get to the configuration/reservation page without dealing with this?

So confused.

Hmmmm… well, if you really can get one for $43k, and you benefit from rebates, and RV is, let’s say 49%? In a state like NJ, that is a potential base payment of $297. Tack on … I have no idea … $75/mo rent charge? It may not be a bad lease.

They’re doing .9% APR if I remember what I saw correctly.

I watched a few videos on the Mach-E, I doubt they’ll be any kind of deals on this car for at least a year or two, if ever. Compared to the MSRP of a Bolt/Tesla/e-tron, Ford looks like they got it right, I predict a home run.(just like the Bronco)

$60k for the GT version, which is the only one I’d consider. Ouch.

1 Like

Priced in-line with Model Y performance for better or for worse.

the Ford is certainly better looking, IMHO

That’s not saying much, though

1 Like

The amount of exposure this thing will get is off the charts, how many Ford dealers are there? Unlike the Bolt, this thing looks good and has the tech.

Which is why the naming is bizarre. Mach-E could have been a successful brand extension for Ford with future models making up an entire Mach-E lineup.

Why bother calling an EV SUV “mustang” anything

Yeah I don’t understand the whole Mustang naming thing, the Mustang is a franchise in itself, why muddy the water with an EV, doubt a Mustang person would have all that much interest in an EV. They are more interested in going sideways into a crowd of people…lol

1 Like