Guys need help with the BMW X7 lease deal

Hi all.I live at Ca SoCal . First time here. And something confuse me. I want to lease a X7. And they give me this.
MSRP:$77795
$5000 down payment
36/m 10k/ year.
Monthly payment-$1284.
Res-%52

$1284x36=$46224.
$77795x52%=$40453
$46224+$40453=$86677.
Is that what they selling me? It’s a lot more than thr MSRP.
I think $77k MSRP with $5000 down. Should be under $900/m whit 36/months lease.
Thanks

Looks like an @msrp deal with probably a fully marked up MF.

Why do you think this should be under $900/mo?

2 Likes

I lease a gle350 MSRP 61k. With $5000 down. And $670/m. This like 11k MSRP More. I think should be $100 more/months? Tell me if I am wrong.

You’re wrong. That’s not how leases work, particularly in times when the market is likely drastically different from when you leased. A GLE350 today wouldn’t be anywhere near that.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!! While you’re at it, be sure to watch the LH video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjgvLxqcLfA) to brush up on how to most efficiently use the resources here.
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from the LH Calculator - Lease Program Query or Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

You are wrong if you think about this relative to what you pay on another car.

I think you need to do some research on how a lease works. In your math above - residual + total of payments includes interest - they are not leasing you the car with free interest.

Right now BMW lease deals aren’t good - low residuals and very low incentives.

1 Like

Thanks guys. How much do you think will be base on today’s market?

You can walk into any dealer and get this. Target for a X7 should (sadly) be around 2% off in stock with base MF. You are better off ordering as there are several brokers on the west coast that’s at 2-4% off.

Also confirm it has a touch screen since some are missing it due to the chip shortage… painful without it.

1 Like

X7 is a sticker car all day, every day at the moment. Especially if it’s in stock.

I found this on BMW Website.

• $1,009 PER MONTH FOR 36 MONTHS
  • $5,989 DUE AT SIGNING
  • SUGGESTED DEALER CONTRIBUTION OF $1,150

Through January 31, 2022, lease offer available on new 2022 BMW X7 xDrive40i models from participating BMW Centers through BMW Financial Services NA, LLC, to customers who meet BMW Financial Services’ credit requirements. Offer not valid in Puerto Rico.

Monthly lease payments of $1,009 per month for 36 months is based on an adjusted capitalized cost of $73,890 (MSRP of $79,095, including destination and handling fee of $995, less $4,055 capitalized cost reduction, $0 security deposit and suggested dealer contribution of $1,150

Dose that means I can get $4055 discount from any MARP?

I gave you step by step instructions for determining that based on your personal situation.

I was able to grind out 2% off last month but certainly geography and dealer specific.

No, that’s cash you are putting out. It assumes about a 1.5% discount (dealer contribution) but a dealer doesn’t need to honor it nor does it mentioned the expected money factor. These aren’t offers you automatically get rather suggested lease terms from the manufacturer.

Respect the grind and YMMV as with anything but most dealers currently will send someone on their way if they offer anything less than list.

1 Like

You picked the wrong candidate for your last lease. Don’t make the same mistake again.

I got 2% off msrp on an order (should be ready in less than a month of ordering), MF marked up 40pts to .00163. I also got a significant amount of equity more in my trade than others would offer.

This is pretty much the same as straight MSRP then w the rate.

They told me that MF IS .00162. Also the price it’s including tax.

Your first post is off but does not really change the calculus. There are 35 payments, the first payment is included in your $5k drive off.

So fully marked up, as expected.

I see. Thanks

What is the normal rate should be?