Got the early itch

OK…2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee 80th Anniv with 8900 miles, up in July 24,7 payments left @$425.81 with a residual of $25316.00 (total$28350 +/-) Looking at values on sites for trade in of $30k-$35K…do I grab the couple of grand in equity now and move on or wait till it’s closer to maturity date? (BTW wife’s car and she absolutely hates it !) in NY
Thanks !

What are you thinking of replacing it with?

Not completely sure ,but this came after 4 BMW X 3/4 leases ,just wanted to change .Big Mistake!

I’d try to sniff out a deal on a replacement before you sell the GC, if you are planning on replacing it right away. Your new payment might be far worse than your current, and the equity could therefore be a wash. 7 more months of a low payment GC is not that bad to suffer… But if you don’t need to replace the car, then def sell and capture the equity now.

Keep an eye on Marketplace between now and 12/31

Gotcha …do you think I’m jumping the gun?

That equity, much like the jeep’s reliability, is crashing faster than zach wilson’s nfl career.

1 Like

If you find a new vehicle that you both like and can comfortably afford, it’s fine.

How long have you had the Jeep?

Jan '21… 42 month lease. Never gonna go that far out again

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.