Good Small SUV Lease for August in California?

Looking for a deal on a small base model SUV this month. Likely CRV/Rav4/Tiguan/Rogue/CX5/Escape/etc…
I live in the Bay Area, but willing to go down to SoCal for the right price. I saw great deals on Terrain, then Tiguan in June, but supply seems to have dried up because of the grille factory issues.

3 year lease, 10k or 12k is fine, looking to spend <$250/month with $0 down

So far the best prices I’m seeing right now are on Rav4 LE for ~$230/month, any other recommendations?
I don’t have a current lease, so it seems like that takes away most of the GM incentives

Thanks!

Have you checked Marketplace and Shared Deals?

@rubbergash has a bunch of Subarus - Outback, Forester, and Crosstrek in that price range. Also the grill issue is/was for the Atlas - something about some factory that burnt down.

Mark Christopher GMC (Ontario, Ca)

As I understand it the competitor lease rebate was worth $1500, so since you don’t have a current lease that would add ~$62/month to a Terrain lease. Your cost would be around $212 plus sales tax plus ~$1033 in drive-offs.

1 Like

Yeah, the Rav4 price was from the Tustin Toyota thread.
I also checked with @rubbergash about Tiguan, but that’s out of stock right now…the Subaru’s in that price range are all wagons/sedans, right?

Thanks, that is a good price, especially for a 24 month lease. Well equipped also, compared to similar priced SUVs.
I’ll take a look at my local dealer to see if I like it…still sucks leaving that $1500 on the table, haha.

What’s the difference between a Subaru wagon and all the other crossovers in your list?

You can get a CX-5 sport for about 230 a month + tax, this would be for 10k miles though. I would also recommend getting the sport with i-active sensing package but those are hard to get dealers to come down on.

Something you should consider is using an app like honcker, add the car to your showroom (which is “liking” the car). In about a day or 2 they will send discounted prices and you can request for the VIN number, work out the deal yourself from their on out.

Also if we’re talking about small SUVs the CX-3 has some aggressive rebates (for 2018)

Generally seating position is higher in those listed…the car is for my wife, and she’s rather insistent, haha
For myself, a wagon would have been fine

Forester…

Any dealer you can think of for the CX-5? I’ve not been able to get much dealer discount even on the sport model from the dealers I’ve contacted, but $230 would work for me.
Personally, I really like the CX-5, but also the mfg incentives from Mazda seem pretty low these days.

Is Honcker good? I was going to try it, but it wanted to run a credit check, and I wasn’t sure if its worth it.

Thanks, I’ll check if @rubbergash has a price for the 2.5i automatic…right now the only model listed is the XT Touring which is $38k MSRP

Get one with eyesight for your wife.

Here’s the SUV for you ! This SUV has the best seating position !

To see prices you dont need to do a credit check, I would use it as a point of reference and sometimes here and there, honker will have a deal your satisfied with! but def just having it doesnt hurt. Just re-iterating, adding the car in your showroom can discount it by as much as 15$ per month from the original offer (I was looking at a CX-5 touring that was at 295, discounted to 280 inside of 5 days).

Also I have CX-5 sports in my showroom that are around 250~ prior discount

1 Like

Try contacting these guys:

VW SF - James Jamous. He has killer deals on VWs
Carlsen Subaru Redwood City - Sam Levy. No nonsense, straight to the point guy. Great deals. Find a Subaru Ambassador on social media for a $500 coupon.

2 Likes

Be careful with James Jamous… he and his team tried to SCREW me big time on a 2018 Tiguan. I ended up leasing from him bc it was the color I wanted, but not without a big fight. Then they chased me down AFTER all the paperwork was signed, I was driving off the lot… and they tried to get me to re-sign at a higher payment. Total nightmare.

Sounds wonderful. I know James pretty well and I doubt he did anything wrong intentionally. I know he’s a good guy.

I just used Honcker 2 weeks ago for a Jeep after hearing about it on this site. I believe they run a soft credit check just to get an idea of your score, so they can give you an accurate price in the app (which makes sense, so you don’t get a last minute surprise). The app didn’t ask for my SS# or Income info until after I clicked the “Lease” button {correction: I think I did input my SS# up front}, and the dealer then contacted me by email to finalize the Credit Application.

Everything went smoothly with the transaction, and I had the Jeep driven to my house by the dealer one business day later. I’d definitely use the app again (though I won’t need to lease again for another 3 years!)

They gave me a referral code to share, so if you add this to “promo codes” under “Account” you’ll supposedly get a free ipad mini from them if you lease through the app by the end of August: B67A3B54

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions about my experience (I posted my lease details in a separate post under Lease Deals on this site)

Justin

I downloaded Honcker yesterday, but only got as far as them asking for my SS#. I’ve had my identity stolen (from the Hospital where my son was born!) and repairing it was a nightmare. Your thoughts? Is it worth the risk?