Good selling price pre-incentive on 2020 Odyssey

Hi all,

Trying to negotiate with Honda on an Odyssey has been feeling hopeless, but one dealer seems to be working with me a bit.

I kept throwing a price of around $34,250, and have been getting turned down (yeah, i was shooting for a stars, but I know at least one person has been able to get that sort of discount). Recently I upped it to $34,900. They shot back at me that they can do that price before destination/processing/tax/tags. Adding the destination fee, which I know is usually included in the MSRP, the pre-incentive sale price would be around $36,020.

What do you guys think? They know I am planning to lease at 36 months, 10,000 miles, $0 down.

Thanks!

Edit- Model is EX-L with Navi/RES.

What trim level are you talking about and what is the msrp

Doh. Thought I had included that - thanks. EXL w/ RES/NAVI

It’s helpful if you make it easy for us to see your figures. Complete the following.

MSRP
minus Dealer Cash
minus Discount you want from dealer
equals Your Offer $XX,XXX
Pre-Incentive Discount x%

Forget writing essays. Just do a search. Somebody recently snagged an Oddy for a great discount!

This is a pointless and ultimately times-wasting strategy. Somebody will eventually bait you with a “high” discount and get you in every other way.

This is not really the time, with tight inventory, to be shooting for the stars… offer a realistic monthly payment and DAS, if they say no then move on to the next dealer.