Good Lease Deal or No - Sienna $496/month

In SoCal - Help me check this deal. Tried in the calculator on my own but couldnt seem to get it to give me a result.

For a Toyota Sienna -

Base Price $34,460
Add Ons - $2595 (LE Plus package - and spare tire/ floor mats)
Total MSRP $38230 (Includes $1175.00 “delivery proccessing and handling”)
Monthly with tax $496 ($461 base plus $35 tax)
36 Month / 12k Miles
$2000 DAS includes first month payment and:

doc fee $85
Lic/Reg $553
Aquisition Fee $650
Tax $116
Tire Fee $8.75

MF .00162
Residual 66%

To me the monthly seems pretty high, especially with that 66% residual.
This is the exact van I want, but sheesh the monthly is way more than I thought.

Should I keep looking? Levers to pull to reduce it? Or is this just the deal? thanks all.

What’s the selling price?

1 Like

$38,230. Doesn’t appear to be any discount at all on the MSRP or the add ons.

@Cody_Carter

Is that an LE? If it is, I am at sub $400s, and I am in TX - “One of the state place to lease.” How are you getting that number?

Ya, I’d start with Cody here and see what’s actually doable

its the LE Plus package which is cool, and then also add floormats, spare tire and dealer handling and processing takes it up to $38230. No discounts applied to that to lower it from what I can see.

Ask my friend, @Cody_Carter. He will take great care of you.

1 Like

$500/month for a $38,000 MSRP minivan is not a good deal. Your payment should have a 3 in front of it.

Stop with that idea please. This is a little over invoice, seems about right as a pencil offer, market as is in a hot minivan. Make a determinate offer based off the market, selling price and mf, not Msrp.

Thanks

:chocolate_bar:

2 Likes

Just took a look at Cody’s site (retracauto.com). Looks in line with what an xle was, unfortunately doesn’t look like he has more XLE inventory, just Limited which is a bit more than where you’re at. Should give you an idea of pricing though.

1 Like

You’ll help yourself tremendously by understanding how a lease payment is calculated and being able to do so yourself.

The best place to start is

Please read links in there such as “how to calculate payments” and other helpful articles.

It might seem like a lot but TBH there are fewer <60 minute exercises which will save you so much time, money and anxiety over your driving lifetime.

It may also save you (after your negotiations with LH input) inside the finance office where no one can from the internet can really help you.

Remember, it’s almost impossible to reverse-engineer the math starting from the output (monthly payment) and figure out if it’s a good deal. Start at the beginning.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.