Good deal on 4 series. Not my favorite trim

Its not the same as brokering as he will be putting it in his name and paying taxes on it. It really comes down to intent. If the intent is to pick it up to flip and make a profit, that would technically be wrong. Look at all of the M3/M4 CSs we have been seeing for transfer with high DAS and basically no miles for examples. If the intent is to try it out and dump it if he doesn’t like it or a better deal comes along, then I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. If someone offered you a Hemi Cuda for $20k that you didn’t really need and you decide to resell, would you sell it at what you paid for it or a fair market price? Does selling it at fair market price make you a dealer?

ETA: Just re-read the whole thread. Yes, if he is looking to sell the information on the deal for profit, that is brokering.

1 Like

Why would someone question getting a 430i worth nearly $50k for only $275?

Sounds too good to be true.

Just saying.

Because we are leasehckr.com!

2 Likes

I think under like 5 cars a year you do not have to register as a broker/seller with licensing

2 Likes

I’m curious to know what you mean when you say that would be “wrong.” could you please clarify?

From what I understand buying a car to resell for profit makes you a dealer, and doing this without being a registered dealer means you are skirting the law, tax obligations, etc.

I believe you only need a dealer license if you regularly sell cars. If you simply get a car, have it in your name, and use it for personal or business purposes and then get a new car and sell your old one - that is not a dealer nor are you required to be licensed. If you make a profit or a loss is irrelevant. You can do this up to 5 times per year in California without a license.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Thanks for contributing.

Congrats car is sold :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heh, and that’s even with the cute MF markup. Imagine with .00165/215 as it should be.

That is a ridiculous deal. One could also add MSDs and a tiny bit out of pocket (to get the payment below $200 for increased MSDs return) and be even better✔️

Bananas. Someone is going to go in and steal it.

Please do so I can move on from this :disappointed_relieved:

Just to give you an idea of what MF markup costs you, This deal is $200/mo when adding MSD’s and bringing base MF to buy rate of .00165…

I’ve stopped leasing cars simply because they’re cheap. Yes, you can transfer it, but it’s a pain.

1 Like

They did not budge on the MF unfortunately.

Yeah that was part of my thinking too. I would hate to get this amazing deal then deal with transfer crap because I wanted a 440i

Thinking about it better, I think i may have been better off finding one of these base model 4’s to bury my negative equity in, but I don’t regret my big red dog. :sunny:

TBH, You’d have had NO problem getting rid of it with no MSD and that payment.

1 Like

Wow, that’s an insane deal.

Also, RIP your sales guy’s inbox.

6 Likes

That is wild! A lease payment that is usually reserved for a rather low-level car especially with 0 DAS and for a BMW 4-Series

We are so spoiled!