Good Deal? BMW 440i Gran Coupe, M Package, Fully Loaded

Car was a “loaner” vehicle that the manager was just driving around apparently. It has about 3k miles on it.

MSRP: $61,420
Negotiated Cost: $47,420 (5k lease credit, 2.5k loyalty included in this price)
Term: 3yr, 36k miles
Lease: 1k driveoff, 593+tax so around ~640

Looking to lease. Seems okay to me, not great but not bad. What do you guys think?

missing lots of info here, mf, incentives, etc. etc.

MF is marked up, I mean I can’t say for certain bc your post is missing info, but that’s my guess.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how can you tell/guess that the MF is marked up? Also, incentives were 5k lease credit and 2.5k loyalty

All the loaners are babied by a responsible sales manager. Nobody beats on them ever, even though the only reason they are driving them is that their high end German car needed some work that took longer than an hour or so to complete. As far as the deal, the forum has dissected enough 4 series leases the past couple of months to do them in our head. This is not a good deal.

3 Likes

So only $6k off before incentives? Shoot for this :dash:

cause your payment should be a lot lower.

I’ve talked to multiple salesmen and dealerships and not only can I not find this car in dealer inventory (Black 440i Gran Coupe, M Sport), all the deals seem to be far worse than this :frowning:

You usually have only one choice 1) Exactly what you want 2) An unbelievable deal
Pick one.

When you are shopping prior model year loaners, there really isn’t a ton of choice involved.

5 Likes

Ok thanks guys, appreciate the responses I’ve got some thinking to do. Car is for my wife and she’s very particular about what she wants :frowning: so it’s looking like she’s not gonna get the best deal lol.

Looks like they are only giving you only 10% discount which is makes it a bad deal.

Try offering this maybe?

MSRP: 61420
Selling price before incentives: 49136
Incentives: 7500
Term: 2yr 24k miles
Doc fee: 85
Drive off: 0
Money factor: 0.00145
Monthly payment: $403 with out tax $439 with tax

If you find an OL Code your payment would go down another $20

Yup!!

This sales manager beat the living p*** out of a 440xi demo this afternoon.

What does that even mean? Negotiate with this dealer and/or shop around. You need a 20%+ discount and base MF. It’s not rocket science. Plenty of 4 series in inventory in the upper Midwest, I’d imagine SoCal has 10x more. @RobC2 is in process of getting a brand new 440xi for a way bigger discount than this. And it’s from Michigan, land of BMW at MSRP deals.

2 Likes

Nobody has the 440i Gran Coupe in inventory in black that I’ve seen… I’ve visited several dealer sites and I can’t find the car she wants so it reduces my leveraging power

Yes bad deal. You asked for the forum opinion and with some research would have known the response. Previous sentiment is correct, you can get lucky and get a great deal and spec. However, when dealing with loaners and trying to get a killer deal you can’t always get everything you want. If you can find a different loaner even in the realm of some of the deals on this forum you can take the savings and buy your wife some new jewelry to go with the car…

Bring home a different color. If she divorces you over the color of a $250/mo 440xi, you deserve better.

5 Likes

your wife wants an M sport? Most girls I know don’t even know what M means lol.

Also a 30i is going to yield better results than a 40i.

Maybe not. Locally the 40’s are discounted as much as the 30’s and have +$1k lease cash.

usually they turn 30i’s into loaners quicker than a 40i, from what I have seen on the east, fair point on the lease cash I saw that as well.

Also the 40is have a higher msrp so maybe that cancels out the 1k extra cash, I had more luck with 30i’s than 40i’s from my experience.

I agree with you, 430 is an easier target. But heavily discounted 440’s are out there.