Good Deal? BMW 440i Gran Coupe, M Package, Fully Loaded

he’s gonna get more discount on a non m sport package as well.

Pretty sure there are some great Socal brokers on this site that can really help you out and save you a ton of money! @ayi

1 Like

Packages don’t matter unless you’re at the very top or very base. Both have potential for heavy discounts as most people either don’t want an overloaded car (why not get next best model after all), or a barebones car.

1 Like

dealers always hoard m sports lol, I always seem to find better discounts on non m sport package cars.

Odd as MSport with no other goodies typically is just convenience along with some appearance stuff.

i got the same car a week ago for $ 321/month including taxes zero down and zero drive off in northern cal.

440 gc M package

$12.7k – 21.5% off before incentives for a loaner

1 Like

@centaur1717 I saw your post man congrats… This deal is the first deal I was offered and the only dealership that had the actual car she wanted. It hamstrings me that I can’t go shop around.

yeah but nobody wants a base m sport haha, waste of 5k lol.

This^^^^^

Usually door number 2)can be pretty close to what you want. Ill take 2) every time!

I’m wondering quite how much searching you’ve done? I don’t know the exact packages, etc., but this one is just about the same MSRP as what you’ve been inquiring about, has less mileage (less residual reduction), and it’s about to have a birthday (car gurus said 330 days). Why don’t you try this one?

Yup, or expand your search. Willing to drive a few hours or have a dealer ship the car? Email dealers further out if the local ones aren’t playing ball.

You should be able to do better than the deal you posted on a NEW car. Use the calculator here, it’s super helpful.

1. 61420 MSRP, you should be trying to get that car for 49-52k before incentives
  2. MF should be 0.000145, then add MSDs if you can to lower this further
  3. If you haven’t told this dealer you need this exact car, shop other dealers and then get this dealer to match the best deal you have (in terms of % discount)

The MF is 0.00145. You added an extra zero. :slight_smile:

@AP919 wth i literally just went to bobsmithbmw after you posted that link, clicked on new vehicles -> 4 series, and that car doesn’t show up… if i type in 440i gran coupe I see it… have I been searching like a dumbass this entire time? :frowning:

@MisterGoober thx for those hard numbers… can I ask how you came up with those? I’ve used the lease calculator but am I just plugging in numbers that I would like to have?

Use CarGurus to search for 2019 4 series with less than 5k miles

Or you can click on the link I provided…

This dealer has their loaners under used cars.

2 Likes

This is how I found my 440. Was not listed under courtesy cars, but rather pre-owned- definitely a good tip to highlight.

Do you need to do 3years? 2 year lease would look a lot better.

Ask for 7 MSD and see if they can give you a negotiated price BEFORE incentives. I’ve found once you get the advisor off of talking about incentives its much easier to get the sales price down.

Once you have a good sales price the rest falls into place and often they are shocked at how cheap you get the car… And at this point its too late for them to roll back negotiations to bump the price up.

Edit: Also don’t be afraid to shop outside your area. It might be worth it to negotiate with a dealer 5-6 hours away and get a quote to bring back to your first option. All else take a quick 100 dollar 1 way 1 hour flight and drive back in your new cheap car!

Basing it on numbers when I bought my 440i GC in June. I did a lot of research here on what others were paying. I couldn’t get close to 20% on a loaner In my area, but didn’t try super-hard either. I managed to get slightly over 12% off on a new 2019 GC with 40 miles. Then stacked incentives. I started emailing about 10 days before end of month and two dealers got pretty aggressive near the end. If the General Manager calls you, then you know they’re serious about trying to sell the car.

My local dealer with the most inventory wouldn’t go more than 6%, I ended up driving 250 miles to the dealer that was straight up and gave me the discount A solid discount.

Don’t the play the “I need a monthly payment of x”. Just use the calculator based on numbers you’ve seen here and work backwards. I focused on the selling price before incentives, knew my incentives and MF, and told finance how I wanted it structured … in my case 7 MSDs, and taxes + 925 acquisition fee fee up front. On 24 months you might be better off having them roll in the acquisition fee. Just play with the numbers in the calculator and make sure the dealer isn’t adding any bogus charges or marking up the MF and it should work out.

Most sales people aren’t the greatest and running lease numbers. As long as they’re not stacking bogus fees, marking up the MF or anything else, it should come close to the calculator here.

Excellent point! At many dealers this is the case. So, you sometimes have to search under used cars, and then filter to the desired model year and brand.

Some dealers also have a specific section called “executive demos” or the like.

2 Likes