Good deal? 2019 Tiguan for 360/month - need to decide this week (based in Michigan)

I’ve done a lot of research and thought this seemed solid, but I might be wrong. Can you help?

Volkswagen Tiguan (2019) - SE Trim

MSRP: 29,429,00

Selling price: mid 27,000s

Residual is 52%

After negotiation: $360 per month with zero down and 650 due at signing (taxes, fees, etc).

Lease term is 39 months

Is this competitive, and if not, what should I be aiming for?

No sunroof or power trunk opening, yes to heated seats.

Have you confirmed that they are using buy rate MF? Do you save money overall by stretching the term to 39 months when you consider the extra registration you’ll have to pay?

Compare it to these deals, specifically the discount. How many dealers have you gotten quotes from? Keep in mind the fwd models have more lease cash but lower residual

I had not considered either of those things so I appreciate you mentioning them! I will check about the MF. 39 months was the dealership’s proposal as they said it would get us the best deal and I didn’t realize that meant extra registration.

You’ve got to control the deal, not let the dealership control it. How many miles/year is this lease for?

An extra 3 months and more miles on the car increases the chances you’ll have to replace wheels/ brakes/etc. in addition to another year of registration (depending on Michigan DMV rules).

The Money Factor is the same at 39 months as it is at 36 months this month through VW. This will get you your lowest net payment. Also, while some on this forum flip their minds when the money factor is marked up, it can be offset with a bigger discount on the car.

Are you dead set on the Tiguan? Sounds like a lot for a not-loaded compact CUV

Thanks. That’s really good to know. I’m not sure why they’re so hung up on 39 mo vs. 36.

Hey, thanks for replying. I’m not dead set on the Tiguan. We’re also considering the Toyota Rav 4. Tried a few others (Mazda CX5, Nissan Murano) but the price quotes were much higher.

What do you think would be a competitive price for the Tiguan, or do you think it just doesn’t lease well and we should move on?

Thanks, I do need to remember that. It’s for 39 months, 15k miles a year. Since I posted we got an offer from a different dealership for $330 a month with $280 down (and a sunroof).

Hey, thanks for these resources! We’ve only gotten quotes on the Tiguan from two dealerships so far - the second is offering $330 a month plus sunroof . Sounds like we 're moving in the right direction but this is still higher than what others report paying.

The downside is you will pay a full years registration to have the car for just 3 months.

I just leased a 2019 Tiguan SE (w/ Pano sunroof) last month (12K/39M) for $295/Mon and $500 due at sign in NY. They might not lease the best compared to others but I think it was a pretty good deal. I also didn’t realize I’d pay the extra registration on just 3 months but who knows maybe the wife will want to buy it at the end

I’d look at 2018 RAV4 and Nissan Rogue too

Thanks for sharing. That does sound like a great deal. I think we’ll be able to get to $330 for 15km/36mo, which isn’t quite as good as your deal but is much better than the original $360. Thanks for giving us confidence that we weren’t asking too much.

Legit. Appreciate you pointing that out. It wouldn’t have occurred to me, but it is something to consider.

Thanks, we are! We have a $345 offer on the RAV4 (15k/36mo) and we really struck out at Nissan but we were looking at the Murano, because one member of our marriage doesn’t think the Rogue is cool enough. happy shrug

I’ve received the following offer. Can anyone tell me if it’s a good deal or not? Current lease is up at the end of June.

Base Model Tiguan SE 4MOTION:$27,995

Packages and Options

$1,634

• Panoramic Sunroof Package

$1,200

• Rubber Mat Kit, Two-Row

$235

• Luggage Net

$100

• Combination Assistance Kit

$99

Manufacturer

Destination Charge

$995

MSRP (STICKER PRICE)

$30,624

Dealer Discount

−$2,632

DEALER PRICE

$27,992

Term

36 months

Annual Mileage

Residual Value (57%)

$17,456

TOTAL DUE AT SIGNING

$650

• First Month’s Payment$399
  • Capitalized Cost Increase

-$2,014

• DMV Fee$401
  • Documentation Fee$699
  • Tire Tax$8
  • Electronic Filing Fee$6
  • Security Guard (3 Year Theft Replacement Guarantee Of $2500)$199
  • Sales Tax$952

MONTHLY PAYMENT

$399.12

That’s awful, shop around more. What MF?

Wait until then

1 Like