Gone down the rabbit hole now I’m even more lost. NEED HELP EVALUATING JEEP 4xE LEASE DEALS

If you are a lease expert and have some time to read this too long post in order to help someone in desperate need, thank you ahead of time. This is my first time getting a car on my own and I want to make the right decision.

The Situation:

-After totaling my car and getting 6k back from the insurance company (after paying what was left on the car). I started to look at some of these lease specials on the 2024 Wrangler 4xe models. Promotional ads had crazy low monthly’s (350-370 with 4K down) in my area.

I knew it wouldn’t be that simple so I did my research, and got different quotes from multiple dealerships around me. I wish I took pictures so I had exact specifics on each one. But here are a few…

• 24 Willys 4xe (soft top), Zero down, 358/monthly, 39,486 CAP after rebates and other reductions
    -24 Willys 4xe, 5k down, 239/monthly, 53k sales price (don’t remember CAP)
    -24 Sahara 4xe, 5k down, 427/month, 42k CAP

Wish I had the RV and MF specifics for you guys but I don’t. I did cut down all the accessory and other BS dealership fees on these though.

I also took a look at Hyundai and was able to negotiate a 2023 Sante FE SEL for 3k down and 267/month, Sale price was 41k.

All of these offers were 36 months/10k miles.

I felt pretty good at the end of the day with optimism that I’d be able to find even better deals tomorrow (I was looking to lease a new SUV for under 400/month with 5k down) But after finding this forum I have doubt that any of these deals were actually good, and that I shouldn’t be put any money down to begin with.

Basically what I’m looking for is for someone to give me feedback, and maybe point me in the right direction. Am I on the right track? What else should I be looking out for?

I really would like to lease a new Wrangler or even Grand Cherokee, but don’t want to get into a bad lease deal. Maybe it’s smarter for me to put the 5k down on a pre-owned SUV.

Appreciate you reading, please help, thank you.

Willy 0 down is not bad. Do not put $5k down on any lease. Shoot for 10% under MSRP before incentives (I’ve seen as high as 14%). some regions have higher rebates and some trims have incentives MFs. Do your research and don’t rush. Seat your fuses at the dealership lol

2 Likes

For one thing, deals can be structured however you want (assuming good credit).

How much down / how much a month is a shell game. Look at total cost.

2 Likes

Thoughts on the Santa Fe lease?

I understand why you should never put anything down on a lease and the risk a high down payment puts on you.

But with a 650 credit score is finding a Wrangler 4xE or Grand Cherokee 4xE lease for under 400 a month realistic with little or ZERO down?

What down payment should I be targeting to get that rate on a good deal, or what’s a fair monthly with ZERO down?

-PNW area

Thank you!

Before we talk about the impact of you likely being tier 2 or 3, what discount do you need to get under $400 with zero das at tier 1? How does that discount compare to what you’ve found when researching other deals?

The place to start here is establishing a target deal. You have to put the leg work in upfront to establish where you’re trying to get to.

With all that said, with a potentially a tier 3 credit qual, you’re not going anywhere near $400/mo with $0 due at sale.

1 Like

Go to the Jeep website, build a car in your zip code, then get the lease payment estimate from their calculator. It will factor in most available rebates and assume 10% down payment. That will be your target discount. See what number you come up with. You then need to factor in taxes and fees. Start there to see what is possible

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.