Golf R - lease help

Hey All,

New poster here and thanks for takin the time to read my thread. I’m current in the market for an S3 / Golf R. I found one that I like in Virginia(home state) and inquired about a lease for it. Parameters were 10k miles per year, 36 month lease and $5,000 down.

I received this quote and called the sales person to discuss and make sure it wasn’t some sort of mistake. He reconfirmed twice that these were the numbers basis what I requested. FWIW, close to 800 credit score as well. Appreciate any thoughts/feedback and what could have happened.

Thanks!

You are paying more for the lease than the entire market value of the car. I’d run.

6 Likes

Exactly my thought and I tried to explain that rational to the dealer and figure he must’ve thought I wanted to finance for 36 months. He clarified twice that this was for a lease. I was floored and explained to him that math wasn’t mathing.

Definitely doesn’t make any sense. They have to be plugging in the wrong numbers. Even for a greedy dealer this would be next level absurd

What did they say when he presented you these numbers?

Did he also ask you to assume the position?

2 Likes

Huh… so this is what happens when you use a money factor that is a whole number instead of .00whatever

1 Like

Obviously it’s horrible…not sure what else you need to hear from folks. Why even bother continuing communicating with this dealer. Move on.

3 Likes

Move on for sure but you need to know how much of it is a terrible lease program from VW Credit and how much of it is from a markup over MSRP.

Post a link to a LH calculator with the selling price set to = MSRP.

2 Likes

And the resid set to $0…

So what should the lease cost based on the current lease programs?

2 Likes

Trying to get another quote from a different dealer for comparisons. Will report back, my hope is around $700.

Based on what? Have you calculated what the monthly should be with an MSRP deal and buy rate MF?

4 Likes

Use the LH calc and know how to put your own deal together and what payment should look like.

1 Like

Only way thats happening is if you find a credit union doing leases. I dont thing VW programs would support that.

Show your math…

The answer to the question doesn’t come from a dealer quote.

3 Likes

Very possible I’m doing something wrong but this is what I calculated.

Where did you get your MF and residual? Those are wrong need to be super supporter here or go to Edmunds lease forum and get. Google is your friend.

Looked into Edmunds and found some but understand it was for a different zipcode and might change for my locations. Will try to find something more local but with the following .00312 MF and 68% residual - seems like

Thank you for the help/guidance.