GMF no longer allowing 3rd party buyouts

details on the 21% rebate for trax? i see 12% on the chevy website - #s transposed?

I wouldn’t put it past them. If I got a great deal on my lease, they don’t want it to be transferred to a néw owner. That new prospect should pay the current market price.

1 Like

2020 Trax is 21% 2020 is 12%

When did BMW stop doing this? I sold mine to Carmax a week ago and no issues. Buyout price that they got was a little bit higher, like 150$ above my personal buyout price.

That was a dumb deal, wasn’t it like a $3,000 24M onepay lol

I miss doing retarded deals

1 Like

Let’s keep this thread about GMF and keep the BMW discussion over there, please

Yep - 24/10 at 4000 after 450 GM rewards + 8% sales tax.

vroom just called me and told me gm wont allow them to purchase the car. that would have been a quick 10k

Where are you located?

new jersey

Call DNA auto (search the forum) ASAP they may be able to do it for you

ok thank you

Also try CarMax

thank you.

Funny, if you’re in the ‘I better do this deal quickly’ camp, it’s probably already too late.

Yup, GM essentially scammed me out of selling my lease. 2 weeks ago I started the process of selling my lease. Completed the authorization forms, made multiple phone calls to GM Financial, etc. Got a verbal dealer lease payoff amount on the phone with Vroom and GM Financial together, however Vroom requires a written dealer lease payoff. For the past 2 weeks I have called GM Financial daily, asking for updates on the fax. Literally every single day they have no update or an excuse why it can’t be sent. The excuses ranged from “the amount was incorrect” to “it was not approved”. Each call to GM Financial had a hold time of 30 minutes to one hour, so needless to say we’re talking many hours on the phone here. After weeks of this, and Vroom also trying to get the payoff fax as well, today they surprised me with the news that effective tomorrow it will not be possible to sell to Vroom. My head exploded against the wall.

I’m 99% sure they stalled me for the past 2 weeks until they could tell me it’s not possible. It does not take 2 weeks for a single fax to be sent. I’ve escalated the issue to the highest level I can and am waiting on a call back, however I understand they will point to the language in my lease agreement like they did today. Section (e). Option to Purchase Vehicle. You have the option to buy the Vehicle at any time from a party designated by us. As of tomorrow, only GM dealerships are designated by them.

For 10k, either buy it out yourself with cash or get a personal loan. Even the most high interest personal loans won’t cost you 10k in the time it takes to handle things with Vroom.

1 Like

The issue isn’t that only gm dealerships are designated by them, its that vroom isn’t “you”, and “you” have the right to purchase for the agreed on price.

2 Likes

You can’t get a gm dealer to buy it off you for what vroom offered? I’ve found they lowball you initially and then will match the online companies.

I got an offer of 39 from a local Ford dealer and gm matched that very fast on my camaro. They’re all hurting for inventory. If they can make 1500-2000+ on your car they will still buy it

I pussed out and didn’t sell my camaro this week for top dollar. There’s nothing to replace it with. A corolla costs what I pay for the LT1, rough times.

2 Likes

my payoff is 37xxx $ got offer from Carvana for 39k , called my original dealer to match it ,they said that GMF financial gives them the same amount of payoff as mine 37k , I thought dealer payoff quote is way lower than my because it’s excludes interest and sales tax