GMC Hummer EV... Reservation/Ordering/Delivery Discussion

The climate controls and drive train selector are all physical buttons.

1 Like

If you think this is just a trend you’re going to be sorely disappointed

If Section 179 designed a halo vehicle for small business owners that “steal from themselves to pay less tax” - the top trim in that matte grey color, please and thank you.

3 Likes

Trend as in we are a ways from it becoming the new “norm”. Relax, fluffy. :lollipop:

Ok, time to brush the dust off and revive this baby lol.

I’m really beginning to love the looks of the Hummer, and I think that I would like to submit a reservation. My question is - would we be able to change our dealer when it comes time to place an order? I.e. sign my local dealer up for the online reservation (I believe you must select a dealer for your reservation), numbers are leased and brokers/dealerships start offering some kind of deal. Also, like in the instance of the Lightning, dealers were charging people over MSRP to place an order for their reservation.

Long story short - I would like a Hummer reservation but I don’t want to be locked in with one dealer.

I have a reservation for Silverado EV. Website has a section to change your dealership, it just has to be prior to any signed contracts with dealership.

1 Like

The whole GMC reservation process has been sketchy for me. From what I understand, many early reservations did not get a confirmation email (I did not). If you did not get the email, the only place you can get your reservation ID is from the “thank you” page at the end of the process (which I did not save). Without the reservation ID you cannot cancel or modify your reservation.

You do need to choose a dealer when you place the reservation. I selected a dealer ahead of time who had agreed to honor supplier discount, but it’s not like I have that in writing.

EDIT: They appear to have lost my reservation, but I have a CC record transaction of payment.

1 Like

Boy, this is sounding more promising by the minute. I know of many ways that I could simply blow $100.lol

Watch them magically “find” the reservation after you put in a charge back.

Similar thing happened when I cancelled my Lightning reservation. I was quite far down the queue so I didn’t feel the need to contact my preferred dealer yet. They also never once contacted me either by email or phone. 10 minutes after my cancellation went through I had emails and phone calls from the dealership saying it was time to order.

Sooooo it’s a good idea to submit a reservation…? :joy:

GM finally sorted out my lost reservation. Took a support ticket and then an escalation where I had to show them my credit card receipt to prove they charged me back on 4/3, but I have now received the confirmation email with the reservation ID.

1 Like

I’ve became quick disinterested when I found out it gets 330miles out of 200kwh battery having efficiency just over 1.5mi/kwh. A true Hummer :smile:

Thanks for reminding me about the Hummer and how I STILL am itchy to place a deposit for one LOL.

Any particular reason why you had chosen the dealer that you did?

Rivian R1T has tested out to 2.32mi/kwh
Ford F150 lighting is claiming to be around 2mi/kwh.
Hummer, yes the worst, but not that far off – just not amazing efficiency with these large, heavy EVs.

I’m running a 3.0L duramax in my Sierra Denali, what I believe is one of the most efficient truck engines available right now, but the Hummer math still works out favorable.

I have a relationship w/ a sales consultant who has always honored GM supplier pricing and I am hopeful will honor it with this future potential order. Otherwise I’ll shop around if/when my reservation gets called.

1 Like

My local GMC guy sent me pics and the price tag of for this Gen 1 Hummer EV. Starting MSRP is $110k, this has an asking price of …ready… $260,000. I think some will pay it. My reservation sadly won’t come in until 2023/2024

1 Like

A cool 1/4 million! Hey, at least that Hummer EV was actually delivered this year, unlike the $250k Tesla Roadster 2.0 which may be delivered…well, who knows.

Yep, its not unheard of… at least not at this point. I saw another guy out west who is willing to let his go for $275k. Ludicrous.

Those rich youtubers who make Car videos need to spend all that cash somewhere. :slight_smile:

How many have they delivered so far? If it is handful, there will be a sucker for sure.