GM recalling Bolts for potential battery issue

I suggested Simpson to the RC let’s see if he will do it thanks

I got my Bolt swapped to a Bolt EUV at Martin Chevrolet in Torrance. You can call and ask for Chris.

Thanks I just spoke with Chris he told me the RC need to contact their general manager

I know they have many on the lot including premiers. hope they will help with the swap.

How bad you want this? #uhualtrailer

I doubt any Cali dealer will give up a premier bolt for $300 when their mostly marking them up.

1 Like

As tempting as it is to swap, I’m really enjoying the long term rental and wonder how long we will be able to milk it for. We’re currently clearing 2,500 miles a month on the rental. I wonder if it would be a mistake to swap it out

2 Likes

The residual on my old 2020 LT base is 20k. For a 37.5k loaded LT I’m swapping into, my lease ends next year. That’s gonna be a fat check.

I’m so torn, gas prices stay up, my bolt will get fatter and fatter, but my TRX is going to eat me alive.

1 Like

Ya in that situation, I feel like it makes a ton of sense. But the predicament I’m having is my Bolt is a $44k Premier with only 15k miles on it and I’ve got another 2 years to go. I figure I’ll probably buy it out for $23k at lease end. I just wonder if I’ll get better value out of continued rentals versus swapping right now. Hard to know and maybe there’s no right or wrong answer for my situation. Though I suppose if my plan is to buy it out regardless, maybe that’s reason enough to swap now into another loaded Premier. Though I doubt there are any Premiers that are fully optioned for me to swap into.

Decisions…

I couldn’t even find a base premier to swap into, so you’re right. For you, it doesn’t make sense. Everyone is going to be in a different situation.

1 Like

This is exactly what I did. I have 17k on my 2020

1 Like

My RC got randy to agree to host, now waiting for randy to call me to tag an EUV

1 Like

Just got a hold of randy and was able to tag a 2lt EUV in ice blue metallic, prob as close to a premier, now need to contact the RC to get the paperwork started

He says he’s working on like 75 swaps and is probably gonna take more cases

1 Like

That’s the one I was initially going to tag. Cali?

Picked up Premier EUV today, and a check for $2640. Swap complete. Took about 5 weeks start to finish. From GM to the dealership, impressed how smoothly it went.

4 Likes

Wasn’t able to get a hold of my RC but got someone from the repurchase center to enter the VIN I tagged into the file, I think I’m good for now.

Also asked about the free charger and installation and sounded like the promo is still going on.

1 Like

Yeah socal

What state if you don’t mind?

I’m in Maine.

Any one here please share the number to call to get hold of a GM rep? whatever number I call, they try to send me to dealer which is wrong to start with.