GM recalling Bolts for potential battery issue

Took exactly two week to get the letter after tagging

Thanks! I’m going on 1 week.

1 Like

Did u owe anything since ur in cali?

I didn’t owe anything. They do not charge you for the usage fee in CA if you’re doing an SoC for a lease. Also the MSRP of the EUV I swapped into was a few hundred dollars less than my 2020 Bolt LT.

1 Like

Another 4 days after letter signed to final paperwork at dealership and picking up vehicle. The Bolt didn’t need to be shipped in my case - it was already on dealer’s lot.

1 Like

Just swapped my Bolt for an EUV Premier with Sun+sound. Had to put $2400 down due to the higher msrp but I keep my $116/mo payment. I’ll likely buy it out once all the swap paperwork is finalized since I’d rather have all that equity in my name than in GM Financial’s.

2 Likes

I thought about that as well especially since I am planning on keeping it for a while. Is there a downside to buying it out at lease end vs right now? I like my low lease payment :slight_smile:

There’s and upside and downside. If it gets totaled I don’t know if GM financial in your state/contract will cut you a check for an overage. Of course with a low payment (with low MF) it’s better to pay the buyoff later than pay now.

If I could find clear wording on my contract that I’m owed any payoff overage I’d not buy off until the end of my contract.

1 Like

The way the SOC works you definitely want to buy it out or cash in the equity. The payoff is based on your old lease, so it will for sure have a higher value.

For sure, the only question is when to do it. Now or at lease termination.

Oh, I’m going to sell my Bolt when I get near the end of my lease. If I was going to pay it off to keep it, I would likely do it immediately after the SOC.

The money factors on these are practically free for a lot of us. I would recommend riding it out until the end of the lease in case a multitude of things occur such as: an accident, electronic gremlins, any warranty work getting held up due to supply chain, car market flipping, etc.

In my state at least, I still pay tax on the purchase price once the vehicle gets registered in my name.

My repurchasing agent called today after a week but unfortunately I wasn’t able to answer.

I submitted my pics of the car and odo last week, and haven’t heard back yet. Sounds like I’m a day or two behind you in this process.

I haven’t submitted my pics yet. I just tagged one last week and she called today so u may be ahead of me

1 Like

Just spoke to my repurchasing agent she was awesome! Just need to submit pics and then it’s a 3 week wait to get it. No usage fee in Cali on a lease with a SOC. My only question for you guys I just paid the registration of $600+ here in cali in Jan does that roll over to the new one? She was gonna double check.

1 Like

It doesn’t roll over but GM pays for the registration on the new car.

Just got my SOC offer. Signed it and RC said once dealer signs off car will be shipped. I got a new RC, old one got laid off. Sad times, but transition was seamless.

Thanks appreciate it!

Just curious are u guys getting the free installation or evgo credit with these new bolts? Also I got some new all weather floor mats for with my bolt do u think GM would allow me to trade those for some new ones or replace them? Worth a shot?