GM plans 20 electric car models by 2023

Just saw it today… is this the final domino fall needed for EVs to be taken seriously and be truly available to the masses.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-02/gm-pledges-electric-future-with-20-all-electric-models-by-2023

1 Like

:sunglasses::sunglasses:

Unless they figure out fast charging, meaning 15 mins or so and higher range i will stay away.

1 Like

I would love an electric car, but I live in an apartment and charging isn’t an option unless I run an extension cord out my kitchen window…

I don’t think a widespread charging infrastructure will be ready in six years.

I think this is a big part of it… there is a growing number of incentives (rebates) for the consumers to purchase EVs. The next natural evolution has to be providing similar incentives to property management companies. I know some already exists but it’s either lacking or there is simply a lack of education.

Me and the SO have been going back and fort about this for a while since we live in a community that does not have any charge-ports. I’m lucky enough to live and work in an area that has plenty of charge ports around near work and the places I often visit.

Plus as the range on these vehicles improve you will naturally need to charge it less often or simply charge for shorter intervals to keep your vehicle at a comfortable level.

15min Good Luck, I think we’ll be lucky if a full recharge could be done in 2hrs.

With DC fast charging, Bolt EV can gain about 90 miles with 30 min plugged in. Unless you are traveling long distance, it’s more than enough for most people.

2023 isn’t too far off. By 2033 electric cars will have 500 plus mile ranges if not hundreds more. With a charge time of 15 minutes or less. With chargers everywhere of course. The ICE vehicle will be done in 20 years. ALL that people hate about electric vehicles will be solved. In addition the average electric car will go from 0-60 in 5 seconds or less by then. Fastest electric car will probably do it 0-60 in 2 seconds. Adios ICE.

Sales people will be long gone as AI takes over. As will finance people. The future’s so bright. I gotta wear shades.