GM lease disposition fee waiver question

Yes, That is true, However was picking up a car from an hour and half away from a non chevy dealer and wanted to leave my car at the dealer next door.

Old thread but I just want to share my experience.

I returned a Chevy Spark to a different Chevy dealer than the dealer I got it from - I asked them to submit the form so that I can get my disposition fee waived since I leased a Chevy Bolt a little over ten 10 days before I grounded my Spark. They refused. They said they don’t know what “form” I am talking about and I will have to take it up with GM Financial.

GM Financial would not budge.

I ended up having to pay the disposition fee. Very annoying situation. I regret not returning my car a day or two sooner to save myself the charge.

So you are saying you went over the 10 day requirement and GM wouldn’t give you a waiver?

Where are you getting 10 days from? As recently as last April the rule was a 90 day window from the time you ground to the time you lease. For example, I leased a new Bolt in February of 2020. In April of 2020 I grounded an Acadia early to replace it with a Gladiator. I was not charged a disposition fee since the transactions fell within that window of time.

Look up 17 Posts.

I believe that was including excess mileage though, not only disposition fee waivers.

Yea, a quick google search seems to indicate there are people who got the waiver outside of 10 days, so it’s definitely possible.

I am not so much upset about the 10 days policy, as I am about the dealership telling me they don’t know what the “waiver form” is. They didn’t say anything about me being outside of 10 days, they just had no interest in helping with a “waiver form”. Not sure if intentional or just ignorance.

Anyways, that’s just my caution to folks when grounding your vehicle. Make an effort to return to a dealer willing to help you.

It’s really just a form that shows proof that you grounded the lease and the mileage at the time you grounded it. They should know how to do that.

Anyone know if I return 2 vehicles but only Lease 1 this time, would Lease Loyalty cover both disposition fees ?

It won’t.
I returned 2 and leased 2,but they sent me a bill for the second one.
When I called they said you already got the waiver for a different car so I had to point out that I leased 2 new ones.

Call GM Financial. It will be a pain because of the long hold times and general incompetence, but when you speak to a live person they will tell you the disposition fee waiver is given as long as you leased a car within 90 days. I was told this three times by different reps at GMF by phone.

Reason I had to call is that my disposition fee was not removed despite the dealer I returned it to entering the new vehicle VIN on the return vehicle form. That’s GMF incompetence for you. Each time I called they said they would remove it but my app kept saying I owe money. I kept calling, they kept saying it would be fixed and it never was until the day after the lease end date.

1 Like