GM lease disposition fee waiver question

disposition fee is not covered under XS wear

Are you 100% sure the $500 mileage bonus is still applicable? We were told that stopped. We recently turned in a GMF lease and leased another and have yet to receive final bill. Salesman and sales manager both apologetically said not to expect any mileage discount/credit from GMF.

loyalty does not cover mileage, just 500 damage and disposition.
XS wear does cover mileage. up to $400 / .25 cpm = 1600 miles.

So expect literally $0 credit for mileage on the GMF we recently dropped? Pretty ticked about that because we’ve leased so many GMF in a row we held onto one car longer than we should have thinking we had the $500 mileage buffer.

How much does xs wear and tear cost on a lease, or is it MSRP specific? Never purchased it before.

Sorry to revive this post but jus wondering for the disposition fee waiver does the original buyer have to be the one on the new purchase/lease or can it be someone at the household getting the new lease (like with loyalty etc.)

Most likely you’re name would have to be on the lease somewhere, or you could try to take it up with GM Financial and see how far you get with that.

Is this true for everyone (all current GMF lessees) or is it targeted?

If it is true for all, then is there also a current pull ahead for everyone?

lease loyalty is for everyone. it is household transferable.

PROGRAM RULES

1. Customer must take retail delivery of a new GM vehicle financed or leased through GM Financial within 10 days of the vehicle grounded date.
  2. Terminating lease must be through GM Financial.
  3. Program period effective Nov. 3–30, 2020. Eligibility is determined by vehicle grounded date.
  4. This program does not eliminate customer liability for excess wear. Any billable amounts that exceed $500 in excess wear will be the responsibility of the customer. These amounts cannot be applied against any other unpaid lease charges.
  5. This program is available to the current lessee and can be transferred to individuals residing
    in the same household. Both the transferor’s (original intended customer) and transferee’s
    residence must be verified with current driver’s license or state identification

Is the grounded date the day the lease agreement term ends…for example if you extended the lease 30 or 60 days would you be passed the grounded date or would it be 10 days past the day of the extension?

Grounded day is the date you turn in

Thanks for sharing this information. The above part seems to suggest that excess wear equal to or under $500 will not be charged. However, it doesn’t quite state that outright. It is crafty wording which allows them to charge for excess wear under $500 if they want to.

Also, there is no pull ahead benefit stated.

I don’t know how much clearer the excess wear language could be.

1 Like

So you are sure there is no charge for wear less than $500?

It’s likely that my reading reflects my own cynicism… and that I have worked with too many lawyers :laughing:

when it comes to leases, the damage is considered per incendent. so they’ll cover up to $500 worth of scratches damage etc. but if you have a destroyed bumper needing $600 repair, it won’t absorb 500 then roll 100.

The program rules don’t mention that the disposition fee is waived on the grounded vehicle. Is that stated somewhere else in the current program?

(I wish GMF posted a full program description somewhere for consumers to read…)

its on the loyalty form.

Sorry to revive this thread,
When returning the lease and getting a new lease does the new lease have to be from the same dealer that I am returning to?
I want to t return the car to the dealer closest to me but I am leasing the new car from a dealer 30 miles away.
Thanks

They do not have to be the same dealerships.

1 Like

Thanks. Appreciate the answer.

1 Like

Why not return and lease at the new dealer at the same time? Saves time.