GM Financial billing error

GMF mysteriously canceled my autopay too. Unfortunately I didn’t notice until after I was just over 30 days late on the payment. I tried speaking with a number of representatives and supervisors and they insisted I must have set the autopay to expire after 24 months, which makes no sense. They refused to look into the issue further and were generally unhelpful. So, after never missing a payment on cars, credit cards, or mortgages in over 25 years I now have a 30-day mark on my credit report.

I won’t ever lease a car from that awful company again.

The collection of posts in this thread makes me wonder about the quality of people (and their competence) working in the GM financial group.

It seems that miscellaneous odd issues are common.

It also suggest that you don’t pre-pay leases or do anything out of the norm for fear of above type issues

Update! I got a call from GM financial just now, they left a voicemail to give them a return call so I did. I spoke with probably one of the nicest most helpful customer service reps I have spoken to in my life, genuinely apologetic and sincere. They are reversing the negative mark after reviewing my info. The rep stated they would be mailing me something within 2 weeks and that the bureaus should reflect within 30 days.

4 Likes

No, I am subscribed to myfico and I also use truecredit which I’ve been a member of for many many years. The Equifax screen cap above is from their site where I was doing the dispute process.

Yes. I have printed so many documents, payment confirmations, statements, chat logs, email conversations and spread them over my dining table the last 2 days in preparing for whatever battle this was going to be.

But the replies to this topic are eye opening for sure. It looks like GMF has some real issues within and its really hurting their customers.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. I pulled a few strings with Mary Bara for a fellow hackr.

Jst kidding. Glad it is being resolved.

1 Like

Haha. Drink of choice on me if so. And not just one.

Already getting emails from dispute process showing updates!

Glad to hear it! I’m going to try calling them again to see whether they’re willing to remove my mark. Super rad getting a ding when I’m in the middle of mortgage applications.

Good Luck with everything. Keep us posted here on when everything is fixed.

It would be interesting to know if you regain all the points you lost. Hopefully, your score rebounds to what it was before.

When they were GMAC(now Ally) I never had an issue, I’ll have to research because I haven’t paid that much attention to them, who are they now?

Not overly impressed, Kia background, not much history on the interwebs

I had quite a few dealings with GMAC and never had an issue, leases mortgage, hence I wasn’t worried at all leasing a :taco: from Ally

They have some weird rules for autopay. Happened to me as well. The default was 24 months, and then without notice it expired. I’m like ‘what happened, how did I miss a payment’. Anyway, they called and I resubscribed to autopay.

TransUnion reflecting the update now as well. What a relief.

That sounds familiar. One of the agents I spoke with mentioned this used to be a feature, where they would default to some autopay end date and it was up to the customer to manually change it. They mentioned this feature was subsequently removed (I wonder if it was in response to complaints from customers by chance).

1 Like

So far so good. I have a question if anyone has some input.

One of my credit cards provides their own free FICO score dashboard on their app. Of course, this one updated 05/31 and will not refresh for another 30 days. It shows the missed payment and shows roughly a 40 point score drop. My question is should I be worried about this creditor viewing this and cutting my credit line? Is this something that gets auto flagged and reviewed? I have a clean history with this creditor and have built my credit line over the 3 years Ive had this card. I use it as my main spend card and either pay off or leave a small balance each month.

If the issue is being fixed, I am sure ur credit card score displayed will also update in next 30 days as they are tied to one of the major credit bureaus.

Same exact issue with me, I apparently had 2 payments 0$ and I guess an audit to the account with the whole covid thing threw up a flag. Went to pay my bill and saw it says 2 missed payments. I owed 2 payments + $400 in late fees.

Credit karma reported 100 point loss (fake score but still +/- 20 points from fico).

Spoke to GM, I recalled the 2 payments one from 2018 and one from 2019, I had screenshots from the mobile app saying 0$ due and conversations both times with reps that I was stating this is what I saw… I said I will pay the payments what’s due is due but I’m not being held accountable for late fees if its your error in showing 0$

Anyways long story short, they saw what I saw - told me to wait a week and follow up, followed up that Friday and apparently everything settled out. CK is reporting no missed payments and I got my points back, just have to wait until cc’s refresh to see my fico update.

Bumping, because It’s still ongoing. I turned the vehicle in on May 27th. I got a bill for disposition in June, paid. Bill for final taxes owed in July, fine, paid. Just got a amount due immediately letter dated 6 days after my final tax payment was posted. I called them, and the person on the phone assured me the account was closed showing $0 balance but I’m still nervous. Seriously, will never lease with them again after all these headaches. image

Having a similar issue with Audi right now, hope you get it worked out.

GM Financial strikes again. Turned my car into the Chevrolet dealer back in early August and didn’t get a paper statement with my final charges/lease disposition fee for weeks. So on 9/10 I logged into my online account and noticed there was a charge for $400+ dollars. I called in and mentioned I hadn’t received my paper statement yet, and given there wasn’t an electronic final statement available online, I wanted to confirm what the charges were for. They mentioned it was my final bill including the lease disposition fee. The person I spoke with confirmed that once I made the payment the account would be paid in full and my obligations would be satisfied. They also confirmed nothing was late and I wasn’t in danger of any late fees or past due flags. Nonetheless, given my prior experience with GM I paid it in full on 9/10 and my balance was $0.

About 1 week later I received a payment statement for $433.94 dated 9/11 (1 day after my full payment was submitted) that included a $1.41 charge for “past due payments”. The total amount was so close to what I paid I didn’t notice at the time and assumed the statement was likely in the mail when my payment was made.

If my payment was made on 9/10 at 1:44pm PST, why was a statement generated including a “past due payment” on 9/11? How would they even assess a past due payment when the first statement I received to make a payment was generated on 9/11 and the only reason I was aware they had calculated my final bill was because I logged into my account? I have not received any correspondence from GM since 9/11 (and still haven’t as I was made aware of this due to an Experian notification. My account is now showing a $30+ amount due with a due date of 12/14/20. No “past due” flag is noted anywhere, for what it’s worth.

Is this a simple error that they should be able to correct? I am going to call them tomorrow when they open, but curious to get your thoughts.

Give them a call. I will say their phone techs have all been pretty helpful in getting things resolved. Knock on wood I am finally out of this ordeal with no negative marks on my credit.