GM Employee pricing question

GM is offering supplier pricing … what are the odds I can get employee pricing with out being an employee? Thanks!

By my calculations, 1.82%.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Employee and supplier are two different things, not sure what your asking

They are offering me supplier pricing. I see the employee pricing on a SLT Terrain is $1600 less than supplier. So there has to be meat on the bone to shave off even at supplier, right?

Get some Gm cc points to lower payment

You can find a relative with GM employee discount to sponsor you.

I recently got a quote on the Traverse 3LT w/ Supplier pricing and was far from impressed.

Depending on the dealer, some will go less than the supplier pricing but you will not get the employee deal without being an employee or having someone that can share a code. Those employee prices are very skinny deals for the dealer. They make more money on the the supplier deals, so they might be willing to go under supplier pricing.

Would like to add that although rare, there are situation where Chevy will allow employee pricing if you work at a company that offer supplier discount. For example, my company was able to get Chevy employee pricing earlier this year–strictly a promotion though.

I’m eligible for GM employee pricing but I haven’t used it on any purchases or leases for quite a number of years. The reason being that the dealer(s) often have other programs that can significantly beat GM employee pricing. Sometimes the other dealer programs beat GM employee pricing by thousands of dollars. The other reason I don’t often use GM employee pricing is that I cannot use my (Original) GM card rebate money with an employee price deal. Sometimes I get significant amounts of GM credit card rebate plus up money that cannot be used with GM employee pricing.

GM employee pricing used to be much better than it is now.

1 Like

So you are saying there’s a chance?

Agree with @Masterblaster ,you should be able to beat Employee pricing with a little digging and negotiation. Plus you would be eligible for all the rebates, GM card points, etc… no questions asked

1 Like

Can you do employee pricing and dealer discount?

True GM employee pricing is very tough to bet unless there is some other rebate/credit card points, etc that you cannot combine with it. I think it’s a little misleading to say it’s easy to beat or it’s not a very good deal. You’re essentially buying the car for net net, no advertising, no inflated doc fee, no extra BS added to the invoice. And good luck negotiating below employee price.

Before the BK in 2008, GM used to inflate their MSRP much higher than invoice. Supplier pricing could save you a few thousand, and was actually pretty decent.

Now that GM has narrowed the gap between MSRP and invoice, supplier isn’t really anything exciting.

It might not be much but you can use it for an additional discount, GM is reimbursing the dealer a set amount listed on the invoice. On normal deal they aren’t getting that extra reimbursement. This is assuming the dealer will go below the supplier price listed on the invoice.