GM Employee Discount on Cadillac XT4 Lease?

Has anyone leased one of these with GMS? Can you share your deal with us?

I suppose you have seen the GM Cadillac flyer for employees…

This is a super pointless thread.

Just plug the numbers into the calculator, you can look up GMS pricing online in 5 mins. Unless you find a demo or a dealer willing to throw flex cash on it, that’s the answer.

Yes and every single GM dealer in the upper Midwest advertises employee pricing deals…

2020 CADILLAC XT4 PREMIUM LUXURY FWD

Lease for $359/Month

36 months | 10,000 miles per year.

MSRP : $42,060.00

Lease for $359/Month, 36 months 10,000 miles per year. $1,995 Cash Down Due at signing. Must qualify for General Motors Employee Pricing and GM Lease Loyalty. Plus1st Payment, doc, CVR, place, title & tax. With approved credit. No security deposit. Stock# 20G3333. Offer ends 8/03/2020

Had you actually read the flyer I posted, you would have seen that the indicated employee XT4 deal was better than what you posted.

This is one of the most annoying things in Michigan. Every single commercial / offer you hear is employee pricing.

2 Likes

I was agreeing with you but had you read what I posted, you’d see that they are different trims ($7k higher MSRP) and includes state sales tax.

true, but everyone knows someone in this state that can generate a suppler/friends and family code. While not employee, you can get close. Getting a cheap lease in Michigan is practically a birthright.

Does anyone know what is the situation of dealer fees on am employee deal? It used to be that GM limited the amount that dealers are allowed to charge to about $100 but now I see the language has changed and dealers could charge more?

I believe that is the case, at least it is here in Florida. I thought the dealer fees were capped at $75 under GMS before, but if my recent signing is correct, those fees may not be capped under the program anymore.

Thanks, I am in Florida too and last time I bought I benefited from the capped fee (dealers here often charge $1,000 in dealer fees. But reading the new language on the terms, it gives an opening for dealers to charge more. Here is what it says:

Dealers will be permitted to assess a maximum of $75 in documentation fees, except when:

• A documentation fee is specified under state law; and
  • The dealership charges all customers the same documentation fee.

Yup, I noticed the same thing.

In the end, you just have to try and get a bigger discount off of MSRP to account for the higher than normal dealer fees here. My Camaro LT1 came out to 11% off prior to incentives, which sounds completely unrealistic compared to other posted deals, but the dealer makes up for it in the fees so in the end it is a wash.