GM college discount program

I didn’t know where to post other than this section

I’m in a market for a GM lease and I was looking at GM corporate discount and found college discount. It’s say you’re eligible if you’re still in school. And makes you sign up on their website to get the “Authorization Code”. Does anyone know how discount does this code give ?

They used to show a supplier price on the web page of whatever program you were looking at. They seem to have taken that away. The best way to figure it out is to not mention it right away. Ask for the selling price of the vehicle, and then when they respond ask if the price would be different with a supplier authorization. That should give you an idea of the additional discount provided.

1 Like

I think they still have this here -->
https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/build-and-price/

The correct site for the GM college discount is:

https://www.gmcollegediscount.com/

You need to get the authorization code from this site.

It lists the discount when you build the vehicle.

thanks that worked

Ahh… I was using the locate feature and it wouldn’t show it

Hello,
I am going to lease a bolt and find this “college discount” is about $1000 based on the “build”. One example below. May I know if this can be combined with other offers (such as Costco) and “corporate discount” from work? For example, I found many posts about one pay lease at 6k-7k range for Bolt. Can I use 5k-6k as my target price with “college discount”?

1. MSRP - Total Vehicle Price $42,290

2. GM College Discount Price $41,078
Total Cash Allowance[s] -$9,000

3. GM College Price After Offers: $32,078 †
Total Included Price Discounts and Cash Allowances: -$10,212

Costco is a rebate/incentive.
Corporate discount is…nothing. Unless you’re referring to supplier pricing? This is a selling price reduction. It is not an incentive.
Supplier discount is the same thing but is less than supplier IIRC.

https://www.gmcollegediscount.com/

You need to create a target deal based on your own specific inputs.

Thanks for your reply! This is my second GM lease and the first one is great and also from this site. I love this site and GM :slight_smile:

I used Supplier discount (from my work) last time, which is a code and then I gave the code to dealer to get the discount combing with other incentives. For this “college discount”, I don’t know (1) how much discount I can get with this code; (2) If it can be combined to other incentives (I guess yes per your answer)? (3) Can it be combined with Supplier discount (I guess no per your answer)?

Sorry I can’t find any payment information from the gmcollegediscount site. To make it easier, I’ve made an example in the calculator based on one of the posts (leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Chevrolet&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=43735&sales_price=37999&months=36&mf=.00013&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=695&taxed_inc=13750&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=47&reg_fee=575&sales_tax=9&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true&gm_onePay=true&gm_acqWaiver=true&bmw_demo_25=true).

The selling price in the calculator is dealer’s advertisement price. Can I minus $1000 (for the college discount code) from the selling price in the calculator as my target price?

No. It is not a “discount code”. It is a pre-arranged vehicle selling price which is a pretty menial discount. You can find the exact college discount selling price on a built from the site I linked. There is a similar site for GM supplier pricing. You can only use one of the GM discount codes (employee, supplier, college, first responder, etc). The supplier etc. codes have some value to the dealer as GM compensates for them. You can look at Ethan’s thread, he has posted reduced one pay pricing for GM supplier codes.

Thanks! I am reading his long posts.
I will report back if I can get a good deal from my local dealer with these discount.

1 Like