GM/Chevy Turn-In. Experiences?

Just signed on a new Bolt, as outlined in another thread, and was wondering about people’s experiences with GM finance turn in and how strict they are with wear and tear? Honda includes a free $500 wear and tear credit. I’m a little worried since GM doesn’t include any. I keep my cars nice, but can’t help things like tires wearing down normally.

It’s been discussed.

And: you just got the Bolt. Whether GM is strict or not, does it matter?

Don’t worry and enjoy your new Bolt.

1 Like

Just change the tires before you turn in. Problem solved.

1 Like

worst case you buy a set of used tires towards end of lease, you can get a set of 4 usually for less than $200, you might only need 2 so it’s not the end of the world and not worth worrying about. Just enjoy your new car.

1 Like

Those low rolling resistance tires are rated for 65,000 miles. Not saying you’ll get that, but there’s a pretty good chance that you won’t need tires. I’ve returned GM products in the past and their wear and tear policies are pretty liberal. There’s a detailed guide with examples and templates floating around, but basically don’t get any dents or scratches that are bigger than a credit card or go down to the sheet metal and you’ll probably be fine.

1 Like

GM Financial is actually good but I always take my vehicles to have them detailed just before the pre-turn in inspection.

I’ve never been charged for excess wear/tear or whatever. In fact, I received a check for $800 from my Traverse lease because I’m not sure why. I can only guess it sold for well over the residual at auction or something. I didn’t think it wise to call and ask questions.

Just use the end of lease guide they’ll send you and make sure you’re not over any of the thresholds.

2 Likes

i had leased one of those crazy low Chevy Cruze deals back in 16’ and turned it in back in 18’ I was about 3k miles over and they had docked me for scratches on the trunk lid. Nothing too crazy on pricing like $80…GM Financial ended up waving everything for me. I didnt lease another car from them either. Great experience.

1 Like

I thought if you turned in any GM product lease on a new Chevy/GMC lease or purchase they do indeed waive up to $500 in wear/tear…is that not the case??
Thanks.
Mark

No longer the case. It was a limited time promo that waived the dispo fee, 500 wear and tear and 500 in mileage overage. Now you just get the dispo fee waived.

they have that waiver time to time but currently AFAIK it is not available. Only disposition fee will be waived.

My understanding, is that if your return is sold internally to the leasing dealer or to another GM dealership through their network that the fees are waived.

If your return is not picked up within the GM network and then has to go through the general dealer auction then the fees are charged.

I would opine that your car was picked up for resale within the GM network and hence no fees to you.

1 Like

Possibly…I was expecting to pay whatever it was but I had received a letter in the mail saying everything was finalized and no payment required. It was a LTZ trim top of the line so you’re probably right.