GM buyout third party

Hope you guys can help, my lease is ending in a few days. I got a Cadillac in December 2019 and now it’s up. I wanted to sell it to carvana or one of the others, but read they are now not allowing this. Does that only apply to new leases as of the date they implemented that? I read through all of my 2019 paperwork and it makes no mention of me not being able to do this.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Gm doesnt allow it, sell it to a gm dealer

Regardless of when your contract began, GM Financial will not allow you to sell the vehicle to an non-GM dealer/company like Carmax, Carvana, Vroom. However, as far as I have seen you CAN sell to non-GM dealers/companies (like Jeep, Toyota, etc.) but they will facilitate the deal through a GM dealership. Also, there are 3rd party companies like Givemethevin who do this.

Thanks for the responses. Does anyone know which 3rd parties buyout GM leases? I don’t want to have to go to a dealership to get a quote, and every GM dealer wants me to come in.

You can’t unless that dealership has a GM brand in its network.

AutoNation should be the easiest. If you have a Carshop localish, they should be able to as well.

Oh OK, someone mentioned give me the vin above so wasn’t sure. I reached out to drive away and they said they can do it, but maybe the rep was wrong.

Yeah I got my car from autonation. Would like to avoid them.

Just do the online Sell My Car option. It won’t necessarily route you to the same dealership you bought it from.

As far as I know, and I’m pretty certain, GMTV will buy out a GM lease. I know Carvana cannot.

GMTV told me they cannot buy out GM leases.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.