Ghosted by Dealership

Is it unusual for a dealership to completely ghost you until an allocation is ready? I paid a broker fee back in October/November and was put in contact with the dealership. Broker always responds to me; however, the dealer / sales person never responds and has never confirmed any of my questions. Is this unusual? Again, no complaints with the broker, but the dealer seems to be openly ignoring me.

Note that I’m still waiting for an allocation. First time using an out of state dealership.

What questions are you asking?

2 Likes

Did You ask the broker for help?

2 Likes

It should be the brokers job to be in contact with the dealer and keep you updated. I don’t understand how some brokers just collect their fee and move on… the whole point of a broker is to deal with the customer A-Z until the car is delivered.

Our customers don’t deal with the dealer at all, we handle everything… As it should be.

9 Likes

Normally, when you use a broker, dealer’s prefer you communicate with the broker rather than the dealer itself.

1 Like

You need to have your broker talk to the dealership. That’s what you’re paying them for…

2 Likes

Broker should assist. But some clients may overdo it with the frequency and number of questions. Not directed at you of course, just speaking from experience.

3 Likes

What did you order and when do you need it by?

1 Like

Were you assigned a point of contact at the dealership?

Are you randomly reaching out to a salesperson?

If you have specific questions about your order, reach out to your broker.

:point_up_2::point_up_2:

2 Likes

This! I don’t know why people even think of reaching out to the dealership to ask the same questions I’ve already answered…as if there’s a better answer? It doesn’t happen often but it happens.

1 Like

I’m guilty of this. There’s just a different level of pleasure you get when the dealer actually answers your questions

1 Like

Maybe this is due to my lack of experience going through this process. I won’t name the broker because like I said, I don’t think they’ve done anything wrong. They’ve been helpful. I asked for a point of contact to the dealership for my own sanity because I thought it’d be nice to have confirmation from the dealer directly of the rate / deal I was getting. Unfortunately the dealer has been less than satisfactory.

This is for an X3

1 Like

Okay, I have less experience than you do ( :slight_smile: ) but, if the broker is a favorably reviewed one here, then maybe just continue to communicate w/ the broker and have some trust in them for now?

If you were the one asking for the dealership information (rather than the broker trying to “offload” you onto the dealer), then I imagine the dealership might not responding b/c maybe they’re wondering why you’re not just going through the broker?

And, if the broker screws over, then post about it here. :frowning:

2 Likes

Sounds good. I don’t think they’re screwing me over so I’ll remove this thread as I think I understand the process better.

Hopefully can get an allocation soon.

I don’t think any need to remove the thread. Might be helpful for future posters.

3 Likes

Closed at the OP’s request.