Getting the best lease deal!

Can I go off Truecar Market Average to negotiate a deal? And I’m assuming that price of pre-incentives correct?

TrueCar numbers are pretty useless

Is there a site that shows average market prices that this site trusts/feels useful?

No. Youre also here because you’re trying to learn to get a great deal, not an average deal.

There is plenty of data here to establish targets for, you just need to take the time to sort through it.

No shit I’m trying to get a good deal, not average. But if you know what an average deal is; thats a good single piece of information that points you in a good direction to get a better deal.

The information you want is here in the shared deals and broker listings. You just need to collate it for your use.

A listing of average deals isn’t the data you want or need to set your targets, unless it’s truly normalized data with statistical information to go with it. Something like a listing that stated what the average pre-incentive discount with standard deviations would be great info as you could target the 2nd or 3rd sigma; unfortunately, such data doesn’t exist in a publicly available location.

Every GM thread says the same thing. Aim for 10% off, 12% is great, anything above it is unicorn level. Demos can be 12-18% off.

But every market is different and you may have to go through a lot of dealers before you find one that will do your deal.

FWIW GMS pricing is typically 6-8%.

2 Likes

Ok thank you very much for this information.

1 Like

So I’ve reached out to a couple dealers to try and get talk sales price on a Traverse. Since I have one offer I figured I could us that to see where others end up. I’ve only talked to two others so far which I’m aware is really low in trying to find the best deal.

But from the two I’ve talked to one dealership didn’t want to give me a sales price till after we talked incentives and the basic sales info they ask for.

And the other dealer gave me a sales price about $2k higher than the written offer I currently have. When I tried doing some negotiating and threw in that I had a better deal else where. She basically said sorry we couldn’t make a deal. Didn’t even want to hear the offer I had or try doing any better.