Getting rid of Volvo XC60 Inscription Lease (Carvana doesn't buy Volvo leases)

I have a 2021 Volvo XC60 Inscription lease expiring at the end of May. I’d love to avoid paying the return charge and just have a third party buyout the lease/car, presuming the price is right. I don’t think this should be hard given the car only has 23K miles. I tried Carvana and while the price offered was great, they evidently do not buy out cars owned by Volvo Financial Services and I’d have to buy the car first and sell it to them. I’m not sure about the tax implications of this and it just seems like a PITA . Any advice on the best person/company who could take this car/lease off my hands with me having minimal involvement? Thanks!

Going to guess you’re best just returning it

1 Like

Volvo financial services.

Sell it to a Volvo dealer or a chain with a Volvo dealership

Edit: scratch all that; only if you trade in.

You have three options with a volvo lease:

Turn it in at the end.

Buy it out personally.

Trade it in early on a new volvo.

Thats it.

2 Likes

Only allowed if trading in on a new volvo unless there have been recent policy changes.

1 Like

See if @Anthony_Lopez or Equityhaker can do something

Does IL allow someone to buy out a car then sell it within X number of days and not incur the sales-tax or use-tax?

Or would someone need a dealer license to move vehicle inventory at wholesale without getting taxed? For example, California gives someone 10 days to buy out a lease then sell the vehicle to a dealer. If done quickly there is no use tax on the lease buy out.

good question, with Illinois, they get you coming and going especially if you’re in the Chicago area.

We still have our ways around the tax though.

Feel free to call or text me at 949-544-1669

thanks

1 Like

Thats only a CA thing as far as i know

1 Like

MODS please close thread, thanks!

Closed per OPs request